o n e

TAEHYUNG winced at the smell of coffee travelling up his nose

TAEHYUNG winced at the smell of coffee travelling up his nose. But he ignored it, approaching the counter with as much confidence he could muster.

A girl around his age was standing behind the counter. Feeling a presence infront of her, she snapped her head up, smiling brightly.

"Welcome to Starbucks! What would you like?" She asked in a cheerful tone, and Taehyung sighed internally. He would have to do this if he got the job.

"I would like a job here?" He asks, sounding a little unsure. The girl behind the counter seemed surprised but nevertheless, smiled back.

"Sure. Take a seat and fill up this form." She hands him and pen and paper.

Taehyung takes it with a nod, and he looked around the small café carefully. He smiled when he spotted her in the corner of the store, her large, doe eyes focused on the book.

Taehyung walks towards her and comfortably on the table two seats away from her. She doesn't lift her eyes to look at him, and Taehyung notices that she is reading a book called "Sad Girls".

He tilted his head, interesting choice.

He decided to focus on his application form instead of the girl, for now. He would know her name when he gets the job, anyway. He just hoped that he wouldn't spell her name wrongly.

It actually amuses Taehyung how they always messed up the spellings of people's name, and he swore to himself that he wouldn't make the same, stupid mistake.

He quickly filled out his information with ease but froze as soon as he saw the last question.

"What is your favourite Starbucks drink?" Taehyung sighed, tilting his head in wonder and frowned.

He hated coffee, and tea. Instead, he glanced over to the girl's table and tried examining her drink. He squinted his eyes, obviously not being able to decipher whatever drink she had in her hand.

She turned to Taehyung, eyes growing a little wider when she does catch Taehyung staring. She clears her throat, "Caramel Frappuccino."

Taehyung coughs, a little taken aback that she spoke to him first. He didn't know how to respond, so he nodded his head, a soft "ahh" coming out from his mouth. He quickly scribbles that down.

"You don't drink Starbucks, do you?" The girl raises an eyebrow, closing her book shut after marking the page with a bookmark.

Taehyung scratches the back of his neck awkwardly, he didn't want her to find out that he hated coffee. But he couldn't really retaliate considering that he had just scribbled whatever she said on the paper.

She giggles and Taehyung felt heat rush to his cheeks.

"Why do you want to work here if you don't like it?" She asks, a hint of amusement laced in her voice.

Taehyung shrugs, "For experience, I guess."

She nodded, getting out of her seat with her belongings in her hand. "That's reasonable. Good luck!" And with that, she walks away from Taehyung.

Taehyung turned in his application, a smile forming on his face. He haven't gotten the job yet, but he spoke to her.

lmao funfact: i actually published
this book in mid-june but i unpublished
it soon after :c