seven

TAEHYUNG tightens his grip around the paper bag, nervously tapping his feet on the ground

TAEHYUNG tightens his grip around the paper bag, nervously tapping his feet on the ground. He wasn't sure what to get for Areum for Christmas, and he hoped that the bottle of perfume in the bag would be useful to her.

Snow continued to drop from the sky, it was a white Christmas. He checks the time on his phone again, 6:58pm. Only two minutes until he meets Areum and her friend, Hoseok.

Taehyung got the chance to know about Hoseok a little more through group chats but he was still nervous about meeting someone new.

"Hey! Taehyung?"

Taehyung whips his head around at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. He comes face to face with a man whose face he recognised.

"Hoseok?"

Hoseok smiles, and reaches his hand out. Taehyung takes it immediately, but worries about his palm being too cold after Hoseok flinches. Taehyung has been standing in the snow for 15 minutes, after all.

"Areum will be late. Why don't we head into Starbucks first?" Hoseok asks, pointing at the nearest one.

Taehyung nods but catches on to Hoseok's arm, passing him a gift. Hoseok seemed genuinely surprised to receive a gift from Taehyung but he got one for Taehyung too, so they exchanged their gifts.

"So, how did you meet Areum?" Hoseok asks, "She doesn't have many friends so I was surprised." He finishes with a hearty laugh.

"I actually met her in Starbucks, I work there, you see." He explains carefully. Taehyung tried his best to give Hoseok a good impression.

Hoseok gasps, "That means you see her everyday then! She should really stop drinking so much, don't you think?"

Taehyung smiles, "I'm afraid that it's too much caramel." But on the other hand, Taehyung didn't really want her to stop drinking Starbucks because that means, he would have seen her less.

"Hey assholes!" A voice calls from a distance, causing almost everyone to turn their heads. Was everyone on the streets assholes?

Areum was waving at them from across the street, which earned a smile and wave from both men.

When she reaches them, she greets Taehyung first. "It's nice to have you with us today, Taehyung." She smiles warmly before swinging an arm over his shoulder.

Taehyung shuddered a little from her touch and smiles at her. He resists the temptation of leaning on Areum's shoulder, though.

"Oh yes! Merry Christmas!" Areum cheers and passes them their presents.

"Oh? You didn't have to." Areum says when Taehyung passes her the present. But Taehyung simply smiles, "How could I not get a present if you got one for me?"

At this moment, Hoseok clears his throat. "I think you're forgetting my presence."

Areum turns to Hoseok and slaps him on the back, "How could I forget you? You're like the only friend I had before Taehyung!"

Taehyung could feel heat rise to cheek upon realising that Areum considered him a friend. He was honoured to be her friend.

Taehyung didn't understand why people hated to be "friendzoned". To Taehyung, being "friendzoned" was much better than being hated by the person you like.

Turning the knob, Taehyung was happy to be in the comfort of his own home again. It was sure cold outisde.

He places the two presents he received down on the floor, ready to rip off the pretty paper over it.

He takes the first box, which was clad in metallic silver wrapping paper with sloppy hand writing at the top of the box. Taehyung squints his eyes and somehow manages to read the message.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS - HOSEOKIE"

Taehyung chuckles and carefully tears it open. Hoseok had gotten him a winter coat. Of course, Taehyung was extremely happy with it. He was just planning to go shopping for a winter coat the next day, but he didn't have to anymore since Hoseok had just gotten him one.

Next, he nervously placed the box from Areum infront of him. He tears the pretty wrapping paper apart and a book falls on to his lap.

Taehyung raises his brows in confusion before realising that it was not actually a book, but it was a photo album.

He opens it carefully to find the first page of the abum already covered with a picture of himself and Areum.

Taehyung smiles to himself upon seeing the picture and flips the page.

HELLO TAEHYUNG !!
i haven't really gifted a present
to someone else other than hoseok
in years so i hope this suffice. since
we are new friends(!!!) i thought
that a photo album would be perfect so
that you can keep all of our memories
here !! merry christmas x

a / n :
COMMENTTT