t h r e e

"CARAMEL frappuccino?" Taehyung asks, having remembered Areum's favourite drink

"CARAMEL frappuccino?" Taehyung asks, having remembered Areum's favourite drink. She seemed genuinely surprised that he remembered, but nods and hands him a 10,000 won note like she always did.

This time, Taehyung decided to bring the drink to her instead of calling her name. There wasn't many customers, anyway. "Areum?"

She looks up from her book, taking the cup from him quickly. "You didn't have to." Taehyung shrugs, placing the straw and napkins on the table next to her drink.

"May I sit?" Taehyung asks, nodding towards the chair opposite hers. She nods in response, clearing the table a little.

The table was clustered with papers and books, and it seemed that she had stopped reading her book while Taehyung was preparing her drink.

"Is it a project?" Taehyung asks, his eyes scanning the paper and newspaper articles on the table. She shakes her head, tilting her laptop slightly so that he could see the screen.

"I'm auditioning for the school's journalist." She said proudly, before turning the device back to her.

Taehyung nods, "Is it hard?"

"I'll manage."

Taehyung reaches for his phone, scrolling through his contacts before he reached 'Namjoon'. "I have a friend who's the president for the journalist club, would you like me to call him?" Taehyung was nervous, worried that she would reject him.

But instead, she smiles and her facial expressions grows happier. "Would you do that for me?" She asks, excited. Taehyung nods shyly.

"Why did you call me? I was sleeping." Namjoon rubbed his eyes tiredly but Taehyung only shoves a cup of Americano into his hands.

"Shut up and help her."

Namjoon glances at Areum, "She's pretty. You're interested in her, aren't you?" He teases, and Taehyung hits his arm lightly.