f i v e

Just like the other day, Taehyung decided to bring Areum's drink to her

Just like the other day, Taehyung decided to bring Areum's drink to her. She was in her usual seat, reading the novel that she always does.

Taehyung hesitates approaching her, fearful that he might be bothering her. But before he could turn his heel away, Areum lifted her head.

Once she made eye contact with Taehyung, she flashes him a friendly smile, inviting him over to his seat.

His eyes widen a little, not really expecting the invite from her. He smiles shyly and glances around the store for any new customers.

After ensuring that no one was going to interrupt his time with Areum, he carefully took a step towards her table and placed the drink down infront of her.

She smiles again, "Hey Taehyung!"

Taehyung smiles and fidgets nervously with his hands, he didn't really know what to say. He may seem good with women but in reality, he was terrible.

He didn't really have a crush on anyone prior to this, but once he saw Areum exiting Starbucks with a cup in her hand almost everyday, he felt a strange attraction towards her.

It was amazing, he thought. Was it love at first sight? Taehyung used to think it was impossible and cliché, stuff like that only happened in movies anyway. Was it actually possible for someone to like another person immediately after seeing them?

He glanced slightly at Areum, who was peeking slightly at him. That's when he realised - he hasn't replied Areum.

"Oh, yes! Hi." He gulps nervously and scratches the back of his head.

Areum chuckles, "Do you feel awkward around me?"

Taehyung shakes his head violently, shaking his hands in denial. "Of course not! I'm hoping that we could be close friends?" He asks with a glint of hope.

She nods, "I don't see why not."

Just as Taehyung was about to give her an enthusiastic reply, her phone rang and her eyes left Taehyung's to tend to it.

She picks up her book and drink from the table almost immediately, "Taehyung, I have to go first."

Taehyung's shoulders slumped in disappointmet after realising that his precious time with Areum has come to an end. He nods understandingly and got up from his seat.

But before he could return to his work station, Areum turns around once more. With the familiar bright smile on her face, she waves.

"You have my number, right?"

And with that, Taehyung's smile found its way back to his face.