2 - Entrance Ceremony

The crowd stood in quiet murmurs as the sakura petals fell. It was the ceremony of their second year, and they were nervous.

"Man, the crowed has really gotten smaller huh?" Yukihira Souma said jokingly.

"Of course it has! So many people were expelled last year! I wouldn't be surprised if there's like 200 people left." An annoyed Takumi Aldini spoke. They were about to start arguing when a voice took their attention.

"And now the director of the academy, Nakiri Senzaimon, will be talking to you."

Senzaimon walked slowly to the stage. The students gulped in anticipation; what is he going to say this year?

"Hello, 92nd Generation. As you may or may not know, you have surpassed hundreds of students over the course of a year. Out of the 980 students that were here last year, 880 have been expelled, leaving 100 students left."

"See?! It's even lower than what I had said!" Takumi whispered.

The director continued. "At this point in time you have achieved enough to quit the school now and still be a successful chef. However, that is not what it means to be at the top of the food world. To be at the top, you must graduate. Will you be a finger in my hand when I count the graduates? You must take the top!"

He paused for a while. The students were murmuring to each other until a series of shouts filled the area.

"Now," Senzaimon said. "I will introduce to you a new teacher. I am proud to say that she will be staying here, even if it's just for two years."

The director stood aside to let the teacher take the podium. A female with dark purple hair and emerald green eyes walked to the stage. Quiet whispers once again filled the atmosphere.

"Who is that?"

"She looks like a student."

"She even has the student uniform!"

"Maybe she's like a messanger for the teacher."

"Damn she's pretty."

"Hey isn't she that girl that we made give her lunch money? She's such a wimp!"

"Oh, so she's just a nobody huh?"

She lightly tapped on  the microphone on the podium.

"Hello, 92nd Generation," she spoke confidently, catching the attention of the crowd. "I have been walking in this campus over the summer, so some of you might know me." She stopped, glancing at an area in the crowd. "My actions during the summer were a test, a test to see where your personalities lie."

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Fujika Nakoni. I am 15 years old and I will be staying in Tootsuki for 2 years. In other words, until your graduation."

Murmurs.

"Wait why is she introducing herself?"

"Maybe she think she's all that because she's the teacher's messenger or something."

"Is she a transfer student?"

"Can someone even transfer this late?"

"I hear the questions floating around. Well then, let me tell you a few things about me." Nakoni held her hand up before catching a flying microphone. She went to the side of the podium and promptly proceeded to sit on he front of it. Angry shouts could be heard.

"Here are things I don't like. One. I don't like cheating. Two. I don't like people underestimating or insulting others before trying out their dish. Three. I don't like bad cooking. Four. I don't like arrogance and disrespect. And five. I don't like useless chefs." The teen spoke without a waver in her voice before stopping to let the crowd react.

"Nobody cares!"

"Just tell the teacher's message and go home!"

She smirked slightly before continuing. "Here are things that I do like. One. I like good food. Two. I like chefs who push themselves to their limits. Three. I like respect. Four. I like competition. And five. I like dreamers."

At this point students were throwing things at her, from cans to notebooks to pencils. A can hit her arm before she slowly closed her eyes. The crowd seemed to quiet down to see what is going on.

Nakoni opened her eyes before looking dead into the crowd. "Allow me to reintroduce myself." She said. "My name is Fujika Nakoni. I am 15 years old and the holder for the first seat of the Elite Ten for the 89th Generation." She watched amusedly as the students' faces went from annoyance to shock to horror.

"That's... That's impossible!"

"She's the first seat?!"

"Wait... So that means she graduated when she was 12 years old!"

"What?!"

"We threw our things to someone like that?!"

Nakoni let out a small chuckle. She stood on the podium and stated, "I will be your teacher for the next two years. Also, let me point out that I have quite a good memory. I will remember all of your faces. Especially the ones who said all those things about me."

"Oh crap."

"We're screwed!"

"We'll never make it!"

The green-eyed first seat looked at the crowd before continuing. "Everyone sit down." The students took a second before realizing her request and frantically sat as quickly as they could. After a few seconds of chaos, they were all seated.

"Wow, does it really take that long to sit? Anyway, the rebels from last year, stand." She watched as 16 people in a cluster stood.

"Look around. Those who are standing, I recognize you for your actions. Those who are not...

I applaud you for trying." She said, whispering the last part.

A minute later, she spoke, "Now, let's get on to business. I have been given the power to appoint the Elite Ten Council for this year. I have given a lot of thought into this. Some are the third years backstage, while others are the very people that stand with you today."

Excited whispers filled the area.

"Yo! She said some of us are in the Elite Ten!"

"Do you think I will get in it?"

"Probably not. Erina-sama is getting in for sure though. Maybe that's what she meant."

"But she said some. As in more than one."

Nakoni smirked dangerously before saying three words, "Let us begin."

~~~

Written On: June 29, 2017
Published On: July 1, 2017
Edited: Yes

Comment who you think will be in the Elite Ten!