5 - Master

Recap

Nakoni looked around to see that everyone was paying attention to her. At least I don't have to repeat what I just said.

"Any questions?"

Silence.

"Alright then. You are dismissed."

~~~

The new Elite Ten made their way out of the stage, talking to their friends.

"Somehow the feeling of being in the Elite Ten hasn't sunk in yet." Alice stated.

"I agree. It comes as a bit of a shock." Shun replied.

"I am happy that we have reached this level though. It's what all of us wanted, right?" Takumi said and received a lot of agreements.

Nakoni smiled as she watched them go. They really are the Generation of Prodigies, huh.

"Nakoni."

Her eyes widened at the voice. She turned back, her long hair flowing with her to see Kuga. Though he is shorter than Nakoni, his eyes still looked dominating. "What's wrong?" His eyes suddenly filled with worry.

He can't know, A voice in her head said. He can't know...

"Nakoni?" Kuga started to get worried now, seeing Nakoni starting to shake. He watched in surprise as she said, "Y-you don't need to know," and ran backstage.

Nakoni ran behind the white curtain and curled up into a ball. Her memories came flooding back to her.

Flashback

A six-year old Nakoni was swinging slowly on the swings. It was winter, and snow piles onto the ground. The girl simply looked down and sighed.

Her parents had given her the permission to go to the park. Nakoni took the opportunity to go play with her friends, since they were always there, but when she arrived, noone was there. Dejected, she simply sat on the swing and thought.

The crunching of snow made her look up. She looked at awe when a boy with black and yellow hair walked to her. He has weird hair, she thought, but kept it to herself.

"Hey, you!" The kid said. "What's a 5-year old kid doing out here? You look hungry, why don't you eat on this!" The kid threw a snowball on Nakoni's face.

Nakoni kept quiet and patient. She remembered what her parents had said to her, "Ladies do not act on impulse. They must be calm and polite at all times."

"I-I'm six." She said quietly.

"What?" The boy asked mockingly.

"I'm six." Nakoni said again, louder this time.

"Well I'm seven so you listen to me! I'm Kuga! Remember that name ok?" Kuga said with an authorized voice.

"O-ok."

"Huh?!"

"Ok, K-Kuga-kun."