7 - Introductions and Trays

I really do miss this guy. He has completely different confidence levels between cooking and normal life. "It's fine. I can teach you a few things, too."

"Really? Are you sure I won't bother you?"

"Yes, yes, now go back to where you're staying now. I need to prepare for my class."

"O-ok!"

~~~

Timeskip to the First Class
3rd Person POV

Students poured into the room. Some looked bored, while others looked nervous. We'll be taught by a former first seat, was all in their minds.

As everyone got into their stations, they looked at the front of the classroom. There sat Nakoni, a slight frown on her face as she kept her eyes closed.

"Do you think she's sleeping?" Someone whispered.

"Maybe she's meditating?"

"I know she's a former first seat and all, but she sure doesn't take her job seriously."

A few seconds and rude remarks later, Nakoni opened her eyes. The classroom went dead silent. Nakoni took a small breath before saying, "Hello, second years. I will be your teacher for your first class. You are to call me Fujika-sensei unless I tell you otherwise."

"Now, you have probably heard this phrase before: 'cooking is everything.' Though the skills of your cooking is crucial as a chef, presentation can mean the difference between one of the best meals a customer's ever had and one of the worst."

"Now I can see your confused faces. What I'm trying to say, basically, is," Nakoni paused for the suspense, "this class will not be cooking very often."

"What?! Then what's the point of being in a cooking school in the first place?!"

"Though you've got to admit, we can get A's much easier now."

Nakoni smirked before pointing to her right. The class followed her finger to a pile of trays, bowls, chopsticks, and chopstick rests on a long table. "Everyone, get one of each. There is just enough for one per person. Do not lose any of them or else I will give you an 'E.' If you steal one in the intent of making someone else fail, you will also receive an 'E.' I can see you. Go on. You have 2 minutes."

Silence. "Wait, we get them now?" A random person asked.

The next moment, students ran to the table and argued for their materials. It was like war; every man or woman had to fight for themselves. People were being shoved left and right, chopstick rests flying around. After a while, everyone got their materials and went back to their stations.

"And the time is up! Good job, guys! I won't have to give an E rating so early on in the class!" Nakoni said cheerfully. Small cheers were heard from the kids as they gave a small sigh.

Nakoni looked around the class carefully. "Yukihira Souma and Takumi Aldini," she started, her face turning serious but still cheerful at the same time, "since you too are Elite Ten members, you are forbidden from being in partners."

Takumi and Souma gave a small nod, remembering the rules she had said to them after the ceremony. Isami looked between his older brother and teacher shocked. I won't be partnered with Takumi? How about the mezalluna?