Chapter Twenty-Two

"So, do you believe terminus is really a safe place." Claire questions while we walk.

"Maybe.." I say.

"I'm scared for what's going to be there." Claire says.

"It might be our big bad and failed government." Connor jokes around. We exchange laughs.

"The lack  of maps  are really giving me hope." Claire says.

"Yeah, maybe one more day." Connor says.

A gun shot sounds behind us and it alertes distant  walkers and or Clickers.

We turn looking  around. I pull my pistol waiting  for a target.  A huge truck drives down the train tracks rumbling  against them.

Connor takes out running, I turn looking at him run then back at the truck.

A middle aged guy gets out the truck and walks to me slowly. I raise my pistol  aiming at his head.

I peer to my left and Claire had ran too.

"Hi, I'm Damon." He holds out his hand. I see three more  guys in the truck peeking with their weapons.

I turn around with a swift movement and dash down the train tracks.

"Catch and Kill em' all!!!" I hear Damon yell.  Shit where did Claire and Connor go.

The clicking jaws warn me  but when I turn it was basing at a inch in front of me.

I cap three shots into its head killing it. Its body  leaks with blood as it takes its final twitch.

I see two men running in my direction holding rifles. I back up seeing Clickers coming from the sides.

They lower their guns as the two Clickers stand in the middle of us.

I grasp a broken glass bottle and throw it directly at the men's feet.

The clickers viciously attack, tearing their flesh and wade in the blood.

I keep quiet while walking backwards. Now where did Connor and Claire  go.

I look at the possible  ways but the chances were slim for me to find either one of them at this point.

There were three ways that  all lead into a tunnel. I was so screwed.

I walk forward slowly into  the tunnel in front of me. It was dead silence, nothing  even creaked.

I click on my  light attached to my backpack.  I walk  in the  dark till I hear Carl's voice.

"Come to me Kayla" At first  it catches me off guard. Its been so long since I have seen Carl. I miss him I do. but this could be him.

"Carl?" My voice croaks. I was tired of finding and losing people,  I walk toward the calling.

"Kayla.." Now I know it was in my head yet I still had hope.

"Kayla!" His voice  turns frantic and loud , like he was  in pain.

I couldn't  bare the sound or the imagine of Carl in pain. I press my palms against my ears trying to block out the scream even though it was in my head.

I fall to my knees crouched over. I look up at a walker crawling at me. Its jaw  moves like it was the source of Carl's voice, but I knew it couldn't be.

I grab the knife  from the holder around my waist. I stand up and stab the crawling  walker in the head twice. Carl's voice  stops once its dead. I'm loosing my mind.

I sit against  the wall of the tunnel rubbing my eyes with my  hands.

Terminus better be close.

(A/N Does it feel like I'm drifiting from  The Carl & Kayla and that's  the point  of the  story..legit. Am I?  Comment  and let me know. VOTE AND COMMENT AND GIVE A WALKER ITS WINGS. BYE.