Chapter Twenty-Three

I find my way out of the tunnel and end up in a new place entirely.

Huge trees, tall grass, but the train tracks still went on. No possible way I could find Claire or Connor.

Should I leave them and search on for my original group, or could I do that to them.

I stare down the tunnel I exited from waiting for someone to either pop up or yell my name. The quietness drives me insaine.

I start pacing and worrying about them. I hear murky moans from the tunnel leaving me shaken.

I grab my pistol slowly walking forward but at the same time pulling myself back.

The first walker comes out with teeth all lined against the side of its mouth.

I raise the pistol but then I think, I could bring more. I hit it in the head with the end of the gun. The moans got closer and I looked into the darkness. A unhuman or unwalker like roar sounds and then  a ball of dusty like green  smog flies at my head.

I duck down as it lands far off. I look up seeing a huge walker looking  thing with fungi spouting out of it.

"Shit." I sigh looking at it. I quickly unzip my bag as it stares around seething a target.

I push a cloth into the bottle and light it on fire. I lift it up and toss it hitting the thing dead in the fungi jaw.

"FUCK OFF BITCH." I scream. It catches fire and it twirls around shooting more smog.

I fire shots from the pistol at it relative too its face.

It falls over fetching its last twitch. and its blood darting from its open wounds.