Chapter Twenty-Five: Terminus Part Two

I take out some of them but the majority get away to chase Carl and I hope Rick and Michonne.

I get to where the man was laying with his skin ripped off. He groans in pain but he wasn't dead. His arm reaches out for me as I stand there looking down at the man.

"Help...me."He says taking a breath after the word help. 

I dont move when his hand grabs my wrist. He watches as I pull out my pistol.

"No..no I don't want to die." He shakes his head trying to crawl away. I click off the safety and aim at his head.

I had went cold, I remember seeing my brother die in my arms, killing my father, getting bit by that walker..I couldn't bring myself to even put the gun away.

The man turns at me on the ground  as I watch.

"Please N-" I cut him off with a bullet to his skull. No emotion, no tears,  no feeling.

I look forward and keep walking,  I walk threw the forest quietly while following the walker moans.

I start to question my goal , find Carl and live happy ever after right ? No. If I find him nothing changes, if I get to terminus it is exactly like the prison..set up to fail. My main priority should be to survive not fall heads over heels for this boy.

A moan comes from behind me , I turn without question and throw the walkers head into a tree. It drops dead with brain matter spewing from the deadly gash.

I keep walking straight faced trying to find the sounds of the walkers,  I was pretty close to the road I think.

Am I really looking for Carl, or something  else.

(Sword or No sword.)