• - 7 - •

"How are you feeling?" Elijah asks, Alex smiles up at him.

"Elijah, I'm fine," Alex says, a prisoner in the woods started screaming in fear, prisoner bodies scattered on the surrounding ground. "I become stronger each time he bites me."

"Kol told me." Elijah sighs. "For five long years, I'm sorry you had to endure it alone." Elijah wraps his arm around her, pulling her closer to him.

"I rather have you not see me in that state," Alex says. "It's horrifying."

"I would rather you not endure such suffering," Elijah says, The screaming in the woods continued as Kol played with his victim.

"Is this absolutely necessary?" Freya asks.

"That depends, do you want us at our full strength or do you plan on rescuing Nik on your own?" Rebekah asks.

"Well, death rattles are distracting, and I'm trying to break a cloaking spell," Freya says.

"Cloaking spell?" Alex questions.

"Kol, would you please?!" Elijah says loudly, the screaming suddenly stops. "Thank you." Elijah looks back at Freya. "You were saying?"

"I can sense Klaus is still in New Orleans, most likely somewhere underground, I can't get a reading exactly where unless I'm in the city itself," Freya says, Kol exits the woods and joins everyone by the buses.

"He's in the dungeon underneath the compound," Alex says. "I've been trying to get him out."

"Well, it doesn't seem like you've succeeded," Freya says almost glaring at Alex.

"Do you want to give it a shot? Be my guest." Alex says. "But just know that you wouldn't even survive his venomous bite." Freya lets out a sigh.

"Ugh, I'm sorry, You're right," Freya says, Alex couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"New Orleans is crawling with vampires, all of whom hate all of us," Hayley says. "Whatever we do, we need to do it fast."

"Well, I wasn't planning on a pub crawl, I don't want to stay any longer than we have to, but we need to go," Freya says.

"Whoa, wait, wait, we're not doing this today?" Kol asks.

"Hasn't Nik suffered enough?" Rebekah asks.

"Yes, and I've died, twice," Kol says. "I'm not about to give Marcel a shot at a third, now I saw we draw that muppet out of town and when he's gone..."

"I have been away from my daughter long enough if you're afraid..." Hayley begins, but Kol quickly cuts her off.

"It's called being sensible," Kol says. "Until Freya can make enough cure with her werewolf hostage, Marcel can basically chew through our bloody throats." Kol glances at Alex. "We're not as lucky as her."

"You do realize that I can bring all of you back," Alex says.

"And I prefer not to die again." Kol states.

"Enough," Elijah says. "We're all in danger." Everyone looks at Elijah. "We free Niklaus today, even if I have to burn that city to the ground."

"And if Marcel or his followers try to run interference, run," Alex says. "I'll deal with them."

"Right, let's go then," Rebekah says, she turns around and begins walking down the road with everyone following behind her.