• - 18 - •

Alex's eyes roam over the page in the book in front her when her penthouse door opens, she hadn't seen or spoken to any of the Mikaelson's after that night when Klaus had stabbed her with the dagger that was supposed to be for Kol, she had received messages that they had awoken Elijah from his temporary death by supposedly killing the hallow, but the city was still roaming with dark magic and it was effecting Alex, and probably every witch in the city.

"Have you been avoiding me?" Elijah says from behind her, she lets out a soft sigh.

"I haven't been avoiding you," Alex says while turning around to look at him, her book laid on the kitchen counter while she was leaning on the counter reading it. "I'm simply trying to find something that can be used to kill the Hallow."

"The Hallow's dead," Elijah states as he takes a step towards her.

"It's not!" Alex says loudly. "I can still feel it, I can still feel the dark magic lurking in the city." Elijah tilts his head in confusion at her statement. "It's still here."

"Then what do you suggest we do? What is the plan? How do we track it?" Elijah asks, Alex licks her lips. "More importantly, how do we kill it?"

"I don't know," Alex says, she runs her fingers through her hair. "I don't know, I've been searching for days in every single damn book, but I can't find anything." Elijah speeds towards her, gently placing his hand on her cheek.

"We'll find a way, there is must be a way," Elijah says, Alex placed her hand on top of his.

"I don't think there is this time." Alex mumbles. "And if there is, I haven't found it yet." She pulls his hand away from her cheek.

"There has got to be a way," Elijah says, Alex looks down at their hands as she begins playing with his fingers. "But first, I think we must talk about what you saw, experienced inside my mind."

"There's not much to talk about, I get that you did some things in your past, most of them for your family, some things, willingly," Alex says as she looks up at him. "But why Santino? I know what he said, but..." She lets out a sigh. "He tried to get me to stop using."

"My anger at that time was indescribable, I wanted to blame everyone other than myself," Elijah says. "You wouldn't have stopped drinking, to stop one addiction, another one will replace it." Alex nods her head. "I might be wrong, but I believe you could have spiralled further down with just the use of alcohol."

"We'll never know, will we?" Alex says, Elijah shakes his head. "Then I suppose we should move forward, but don't think that I've forgiven you for murdering my friend."

"My apologies," Elijah says, they lean closer to each other. "I'll spend an eternity trying to fix my mistakes, perhaps one day you can forgive me for that mistake." She inhales deeply. "And I'm sorry for harming you."

"Harming me? Pfft, you can't harm me." Alex says. "Not easily at least." Elijah softly chuckles.

"I could've easily scared you off, then we wouldn't be here right now," Elijah says. "Not like this."

"You're going to have to do a shitload more to scare me off, Elijah," Alex says, Elijah's lips brush against hers, he could still taste the kiwi fruit she had been eating before he arrived, she could smell the familiar scent of old books on him, they slowly break the kiss, just enjoying the moment in each other's presence.

"I should go inform everyone that the Hallow is still roaming the streets of the city," Elijah says, Alex nods her head as he takes a step back. "But I will be back soon."

•••