Prologue

"Are you okay, Zawi?" The 8 year old Croxx worriedly asks as he examine Zari's wound.

Zari look at Croxx in awe. How many times did he mispronounced her name? She can't even count it by her bare fingers. And what's with Zawi? She then mentally rolled her eyeballs.

"Does it hurt so much?" Said Croxx as he placed his thumb on Zari's wound. He take a glimpse at Zari as he gently caressed her knee, waiting for Zari's violent reaction but none of it came.

"It's just a wound." Zari said, as if she was talking to herself while looking at her swollen knees.

"And it's bleeding," Croxx retorted as he stand. "Come on, get up Let's keep going. I'll tell Dad to clean your wound before an aeroplane escape from that bleeding wound of yours." he added as he stretched his arms to reach for Zari's hand.

Zari on the other hand bit her lower lip to prevent herself from laughing. Croxx is so childish at his age. He's three years older than her, but the thought of him saying these childish things makes her want to puke.

"W-Wait, what are you doing?" Zari stuttered as she look at Croxx's position in horror.

"Giving you a piggyback ride." Croxx simply said as he reached for Zari's legs and immediately wrap it in his waist.

"Heinz, just put me down okay? I can handle myself." Zari said as he struggled to reach for the ground.

"Definitely not, Zari. You can't even stand. And the thought of you walking straight until we reach our house? I doubt it." He said as a matter of fact. Not minding the way Zari called him by his second name.

Zari is the type of person who calls everyone by their second name when she's being provoked or when irritation was consuming her. But, instead of getting angry, Croxx doesn't mind it anything at all. The idea of her calling him by his second name even makes his heart pump in delight.

"Alright, just don't dare try make me fall. Or I'll skinned you to death!" She threatened.

"Of course not, Zari!" Croxx quickly defended himself.

Without hesitation, Croxx took a step forward, leaving the park. When Zari suddenly spoke out of the blue.

"I don't like you calling me Zawi. Just call me Zami instead, it's better that way." She said then she tightly wrap her arms around Croxx's neck.

Croxx smirked, "I see that you're still disgust of me being tongue-tied with the R words, huh?" he said in the middle of walking.

Zari just shrug her shoulders, not minding what Croxx have been said. And because of her silence, Croxx continue walking. He then look both of his hand that holds Zari's legs to prevent it from falling. It was like he was carrying his entire world by on his back.

"Hey, Dad's been a worried sick. He keeps on asking me why you're not visiting us anymore. May problema ba?" Dire diretsong turon ni Croxx nang matagpuan ang dalagang mag isang naka upo sa balkonahe ng kuwarto nito.

"I'm just busy reviewing for my upcoming quiz bee competition." She explained.

Croxx let out a heavy sigh, "It's not a good excuse and you know that." he said as he tried to get Zari's attention pero nanatili itong naka tingin sa kawalan.

"Ano bang ginagawa mo rito? And why on earth you're here in my room?" She asks as she finally laid a gaze to him.

Agad namang napa ayos si Croxx sa kinauupuang silya. Hindi niya inaasahan ang biglaang pag harap nito sakanya. He fix himself before answering her, " Tita Jie gladly gave me your room's duplicate key. She said you're not leaving your room for almost a week. Lumabas ka man ay para kumain lang, and that's it. She's also asking me if alam ko ba ang nangyayari sa'yo but I just shrug my shoulders, because I know nothing. Isn't it ironic? Magkasama kayo sa iisang bahay, yet I'm the one she's asking about your whatabouts." mahabang turan niya.