Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(Aidan's POV)

I have just died, a happy man.

And I would willingly kill myself that way, again.

I know it was stupid to kiss her but SHE IS MY MATE!!! Every minute without touching her is agony to my wolf and I.

I love her already.

I still remember how my body froze after the breathtaking, mind shuddering, lip lock. It felt as if my blood had turned to ice and a hand was crushing my throat from the inside and out. I started to choke on my own blood as someone was ripping my lips off with a blade.

That's when I realized no one was touching me but I couldn't stop myself from falling to the ground. Her eyes were hauntingly filled with pain, sadness and finally a look of heart break. Before I closed my eyes and succumbed to the darkness.

A blinding light,shined around a blurry figure. Blinking quickly and squinting harshly, I made out a beautiful woman in a white gown. Her arms were held out as if she expected a embrace from me,

who is this woman?

A light laugh that sounded like twinkling bells , escaped her mouth. Smiling brightly in a motherly way, she began to talk.

"Hello Aidan, my name is Luna and you do not belong here."

She muttered the end of the sentence to herself with a grim frown.

She was Luna! I mean the actual LUNA! The goddess who every werewolf worships since the day they are born.

"You flatter me Aidan, but that is not the main problem at hand. "

I raised a eyebrow, slightly freaked out,

She can read my mind?

I tried to speak but my throat made no sound.

"You are a spirit right now so you can't talk. Although you are supposed to be dead, you have died unfairly."

A small golden tear leaked from her left eye,

"I am sorry that you are unable to touch your mate. I can not change the way she is made, however I can make you become immune to her powers with one large price to pay."

I nodded my head eagerly as her face turned stern and serious,

"She will not feel the mating bond because the soul she was mated to will become foreign to her body and mind. Although you are the same person, her mating bond and memories of you will disappear, only to come back when she has fully accepted you."

My wolf howled in sorrow and I felt as if my heart was breaking as I agreed to her offer.

Luna tried to smile as my spirit heated up and warped back into body. But before I woke up, I heard her say one last thing.

"Keep in mind that your mate is very different from others and the mating bond may have been her only reason for keeping you alive. "