Alone

It's been a little over 6 months since the world went to shit. Reanimated corpses walking around with a craving for human flesh. And I'm here in the woods... Alone.

I guess you can say I'm kind of a loner. I've always had to take care of myself. Never relied on anyone for protection or really, anything.

My father was the biggest asshole you could ever meet. He abused my mother and I. For a while I was terrified of him but when I became a teenager I learned it was him who was the coward, not me. I just stayed out of his way and kept my space.

My mother was like a mouse, she did everything for that big waste of space I was suppose to call my father. Everytime she did something wrong he would burn her with his cigarette or throw a beer bottle at her head. God he was a dick.

The minute I turned 18 I was out of the house and I never talked to either of them again. Why should I. They dont give two shits about me anyway.

Well now I'm here fighting for my life against a bunch of dead-alive pricks. I've been looking for a place to stay. Lately I've been sleeping up in trees with my bow close. It's a good thing I knew how to shoot before the turn.

I saw a highway not too far ahead of me I might be able to travel along it. Find a small town. Get to some higher ground.

I was getting closer and closer to the highway when I heard voices... human voices. Should I show myself. I forgot wa0hat it was like to be around people. What if they rob me or even kill me. Who knows what this world has done to people. I decided to stay hidden.

I ducked behind a car, keeping my head low.

"While we try to get the RV fixed, everyone look in the cars try to find something useful." A man with a southern accent said.

"This is a graveyard. " The thin woman next to him said. She wasnt lying.

"Who the hell are you." A man yelled pointing his crossbow at me... Damn. Everyone looked in my direction.

"Listen, I don't want any trouble" I called out.

"Are you out here alone?" The man with the southern accent asked.

"Yeah." I replied

"How long has it been like that for?" The man with crossbow asked still pointing it at me.

"Since... The start of it all." I saied barely loud enough to here.

They all exchanged looks except the man with the crossbow who kept his eyes locked on me the whole time.

"You should join us." The southern man stated.

I was surprised, a little taken back. I just stood there. I wasn't sure what to do.

"What! we don't know this girl!" The man with the crossbow yelled.

"You won't last too much longer out here alone." The southern man said.

He was right. I think he could tell by the expression on my face what I was thinking. I shoukd join them.

"The names Rick Grimes."

"Sam Crow."

.

.

.

.

.

Well, hows the first chapter. sorry it was so short. I absolutely love the walking dead and I cant wait to continue on the story :D.