The Farm

I opened my eyes to the sun just peaking over the horizon and Daryl still there fiddling with his crossbow. God I must have fallen asleep. Thank god Daryl was here to take over.

I looked down and saw a pancho draped over me. It was brown and had indean patterns on it. I looked up at Daryl.

"You seemed cold." He pointed out. Wow, I didnt see Daryl as the type of guy to care for someone. How sweet.

"Thank you." I said. He just nodded.

I was getting pretty hungry because I haven't eaten in a day or two. I went down the ladser and into the woods to catch me some breakfast before we went out looking for Sophia. I didn't think anyone would want squirrel for breakfast so I stay quiet and keep it to myself.

I caught a few squirrels and right when I was about to head back. I saw a hare. A huge one. I aimed and kept my aim trying not to make any sudden movements to make it run away. Just as I let my bow fly, another flew inches by my head and hit the hare as well. I turned back to see none other than Daryl.

"Don't you go thinkin' this is yours." I told him picking up the rabbit by its ears.

"Come on girl, atleast share. Mine hit first anyway." He said grabbing the other side of the rabbit.

I grabbed my hand axe and split the critter in two and took the head half. Daryl looked at his half and looked at me with a disappointed look.

"Ass end is still an end." I told him with a little half grin. He scoffed and put his half in his bag and lead the way back to the highway.

When we got close I heard a few of the members of our group talking. I waited a couple minutes after Daryl went up. I didn't want the people in our group thinking I was out alone in the woods with him. They could get the wrong idea. After a few minutes I came up and set my catch with my bag in the RV.

I saw a blonde in the RV. She seemed to be looking for something. I set my stuff down and introduced myself.

"Hey, I'm Sam." I said. She looked up and glared at me.

"Did you take my gun?" She asked standing up straight.

"Ok, are we going to have a problem already?" I asked annoyed that she thought I would even think about stwaling from anyone.

"Did you take my gun?!" She asked again now in my face. I stepped back trying not to get angry.

"No I didn't take your damn gun." I said.

"Well who else would have taken it." She asked sarcastically. Ok now I'm pissed.

"You listen to me--" I was interrupted by Rick calling everyone out to the front of the RV.

"Ok everyone. We need to make this an organized effort to find Sophia. Now I had Dale go around and get everyones guns--" Rick was saying until he was rudely interrupted by Andrea, the blonde.

"So that's where my gun went. I want it back." Andrea said.

"Dale is going to keep the guns. Only Shane, Daryl and I will be carrying." Rick said then looked over at me. "Can you shoot?" He asked.

"You've got to be kidding me." Andrea said rolling her eyes.

I took one of the hand guns from Dale and pointed at a sign that was about 200 feet away and hit it right in the two Os in Food Exit.

"Wooaahhh." Carl yelled.

I looked over at Andrea who was giving me a dirty look.

"Ok. It's settled. The only people carryng will be Shane, Daryl, myself, and Sam." Rick said.

Andrea scoffed.

"Do you have a problem with that?" Rick asked Andrea.

"No. Not at all." She said sarcastically. Her attitude was really starting to get on my nerves.

"Can you teach me how to do that?" Carl asked tugging on my arm.

"If it's Ok with your parents." I told him. He smiled and ran off.

About twenty minutes later we circled around a bundle of hatchets, axes, and knives. "Everybody takes one." Rick said.

"These aren't the kind of weapons we need. Where are the guns." Andrea brought up again. Sensing Ricks frustration Shane jumped in.

"We don't need a gun going off every time a tree moves." He said.

"Its not the trees I'm worried about." She put out.

"Listen it's settled. We aren't going to talk about this anymore. Andrea, your just going to have to deal with it." Rick said sternly. Andrea just looked down angrily.

Rick, Carl, and Shane went off into the woods to look for Sophia while Daryl and I lead the rest of the group to look else where when suddenly.

Bang!

One gunshot in the distance.  It had to be either Rick or Shane. It sounded close enough. We decided to walk on and try not to worry about it but that wasn't working for neither me or Lori. Lori stopped and look back.

"Still worried?" Carol asked Lori

"Yeah... It was a gun shot." She said

"I'm sure their fine."

"Well why one? Why just one gun shot?" Lori asked Carol.

"Maybe they came across a walker." At that point I butted in.

"Nah. If there was a walker they would do it silently. Save the bullet." I said.

"I don't feel safe unarmed." Andrea said. "I see you have a gun." She looked at me. I was tired of this. I pulled the gun out and held it out to her.

"You want it that badly take it. I'm tired of the god damn looks your giving me. Here take it." I set it in her hands. She just looked down seeming somewhat ashamed. Good.

Daryl and I then lead the group our further when we heard screaming near the back. Andrea was being attacked by a walker. Daryl and I were just about to save her when a young woman on a horse came riding through on a horse and wacked the walker with a baseball bat.

"Lori Grimes." She called out. Lori stepped out.

"No time to explain but Rick sent me. Carl's been shot we gotta go." She said. I was in shock.

Without hesitation Lori jumped onto the back of the horse.

"We have a farm about a half mile from here. The mailbox says Greene."  She said and they were gone.

We headed back to the highway and grabbed our things.

"You can ride with me." I heard from behind me. I turned to meet those blue eyes again.

"Sounds good." I said and walked toward his truck. He had a hand lightly pressed on my back leading me there. He was really making it hard not to like him.

"Ready to go?" He asked as I hopped into the passanger seat.

"Yep." I said. And we drove off.

A few minutes passed and we found the mailbox Greene. Glenn opened the gate and we drove up. We met the young lady who took Lori again.

"I'm Maggie by the way. You can set your things up out over by those trees." She gestured us to go over by a group of trees for more cover.

I didn't have a tent nor was I going to sleep under the same roof as Andrea in that RV. Thats when Daryl walked up to me and said.

You could stay in my tent.

What.

.

.

.

.

.

Ahh I love writing stories. especially about TWD. Please read on and hope you enjoy. :D