What Now?

That was it. He was gone. Dale was gone.

The next morning was Dale's memorial.

"Dale liked to get under your skin." Rick said. "He sure got under mine. But he stood for what he believed in. Before he died, he said this group is broken. Well we are going to unbreak it. We are going to prove him wrong. That is how we remember Dale."

That is when everyone went there desperate ways. Shane seemed extremely unhinged. He was even more for Randall's death than I was.

I went off and checked the fenses around the farm when Carl came up to me.

"How's it goin' bud?" I asked.

"Dale." He said looking down. "It's my fault he died."

"What are you talkin' about. He got killed by a walker." I said.

"I saw that walker. It was stuck in the mud. I was gonna shoot it right in the head. But it got free, went after me, and I ran away... If I killed it Dale would still be here and--"

"Carl stop okay. None of this is your fault. It could have happened to anyone." I said.

"Thanks Sam." He said and walked off.

Somehow I knew what I told him didn't help at all. I didn't want him going around the rest of his life thinking he practically killed Dale. I went up to Rick.

"Hey Rick."

"Yeah Sam. What ya' need?"

"It's Carl."

"What. Is he okay?"

"Yeah he's fine it's just... He feels like it's his fault Dale died. He saw that same walker in the woods and he feels if he killed it, well, Dale would still be here."

He just looked down.

"I'll have Lori talk to him."

"I really think he needs to talk to you." I said.

"Well, I need to get this whole Randall thing taken care of."

"Rick." I looked at him lifting one eyebrow. He looked back at Carl at camp sitting alone on a log.

"You're right. I'll talk to him now. Thanks." I nodded and walked off.

I went back to Me and Daryl's little camp and sat next to him.

"Alright. What's wrong." He said.

"Nothing."

"Come on."

"I shouldn't have been so rough on Dale. He died angry. Anyone should die at peace."

He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a hug.

"Listen." He said. "Dont beat yourself up about his. Atleast he doesn't have to live in a world filled with death no more." I nodded. He kissed my cheek.

We were all gathered around the house when T dog went to get Randall when Rick decided to take Randall out and let him go instead of killing him which I was okay with now. Suddenly T dog bursted through the door.

"Randall's gone."

We all rushed out to the shed only to find the pair of handcuffs he had on him.

We all ran out trying to compile a plan when a bloody faced Shane came out of the woods.

"Rick!" He yelled.

"What happened?" Lori yelled back.

"He's armed. Little bastard snuck up behind me, clocked me in the face. He took my gun."