Not Now

God, what else was I going to do sleep in a room with some bitch who hates my guts or a man I'm afraid to have any more feelings for.

"You comin'?" He asked heading toward his tent now.

"God Damnit." I whispered to myself and followed him.

We got into his tent and I didn't even bother to change. I just laid down using my bag as a pillow over in the corner. I tried to stay away from him, but it wasn't very easy. He didn't have the biggest of tents.

I felt a blanket thrown over me and adjusted so that all of me was covered. He must have thought I was asleep. He went back over to his side keeping his distanced and faced the other way.

I turned and my eyes adjusted to the darkness to see that his shirt was off. When my eyes adjusted even more I saw these huge white scars going down his back. And me, being the dumbass that I am thought out loud and said "Oh my God."

He jumped up turned to face me. I was still looking at him.

"What the hell you lookin' at?" He asked.

"Nothing it's just... Your back." I said embarrassed.

"Yeah my dad was a dick." He said. My jaw dropped.

"Im sorry I--"

"Just drop it. I don't need your Damn sympathy." He said lying back down.

"No Daryl it's just.. I.." I didn't know if I wanted to go on.

"What is it." He said halfway turned back toward me. No. Not now.

"It's just." I sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Whatever." He said turning back around.

I turned away also. I didn't sleep that night. I just laid there remembering how I got each and every scar on my body.

I got up even before the sun came up just to get out. I went over by the RV and started a fire. Dale was up on the RV and came down and sat next to me.

"So." He said. "You and Daryl huh?"

"No." I said plainly.

"I saw you stay in his tent last night." 

"It's not like that Dale. He was just being nice."

"Well, It's pretty obvious he cares about you." He said. No. He can't. He can't care about me.

"He would never tell you directly but, He cares... Trust me."

What am I going to do. I made a promise to myself even before the turn...

Flashback..

7 year old Sam goes down stairs on a Sunday morning. She hears her dad yelling at her mom in the kitchen. She sneaks down not bringing herself any attention. She hears a scream and a thump. She runs into the kitchen to find her mommy on the floor. Glass everywhere. Blood dripping from the back of her head.

"Mommy!" She screams and rushes down to her.

"Mommy. Are you okay!?" She asks shaking her mommy trying to get her to wake up. She slowly starts to regain conciousness as her dad picks her up.

"Mommy help." She screams. Her father slaps her across the face. Her mother just sits there and watches.

"You better go upstairs into your room right now if you know what's good for ya." He says in his deep angry voice.

"Don't hurt mommy!" She yells in his face.

"Okay you asked for it." He says. He takes the cigarette he has out of his mouth and jams the ash end into the inside of her forearm. She screams and crys in pain. tears flowing down her cheeks. She looks over at her mother who is still sitting there. Not doing anything to save her.