Randall

We just stood there hearing the soft weeping of both Carol and Beth. None of us could move. Could speak. Could breath. We just stood there looking at Sophia's lifeless body. I felt tears well up in my eyes and let one fall. I was so dead set on finding this little girl. Bringing her back safe but she was in there. None of us knew.

"Don't look." Daryl said picking her up and trying to lead her away. She pushed him back and ran to the RV. I couldn't even begin to imagine how she was feeling.

Beth ran up to a walker laying with another walker on top of it. She cried as she lifted the body off of the female walker.

"Mom?" She asked picking up her head when the assumed dead walker rose and lunged onto her. We all scrambled to save her. Jimmy grabbed her and T dog started kicking the walker but was obviously not doing much damage. then Andrea picked up an old pitch fork and stabbed it through the walkers head putting it down.

We found ourselves walking to the house. "She was there this whole time." Shane said. "And you knew." Directing his comment toward Hershal.

"I didn't know." Hershal defended.

"You didnt know?" Shane asked sarcastically.

"Otis put some of those walkers in the barn. Maybe he put her in there before he was killed." Hershal said.

Shane stormed off.

Daryl and I went to the RV to get Carol for her daughters funeral. She was just sitting at the window staring outside.

"The funeral is about to start. Are you coming?" I asked.

"Why should I?" She asked.

"'Cause that's your little girl." Daryl put in.

"That wasn't my little girl." She said still looking out the window. "That was some monster. I didn't want to believe it but Sophia died a long time ago."

We both looked down and left the RV knowing Carol wasn't going.

We burried Sophia along with Beth and Maggies mother and brother. Rick said  a few words about Sophia and Hershal said somethings about the mom and the the young man then dispersed. By now it was dark and went to go into the tent with Daryl.

It was a particularly cold night so I shared a blanket with Daryl. We were both still a little uncomfortable with how close together we were but it was to stay warm, but I'm not going to say I didn't like it.

The next morning we woke up and I saw Carl with a bulge in his hip. I called him over to where it was just him and I.

"What you got there?" I asked him. He lifted his shirt and showed Lori's small revolver. I shook my head and he knew he was busted. I took it from him and he followed behind back to camp. I handed the revolver to Lori and gestured over to Carl.

She checked the gun and saw it was loaded. She walked over toward Rick and Shane. "How did this happen."

"I know it's not a toy and I'm ready to start defending this camp. I can't do that without a gun." Carl blurted out. Lori looked at Rick. Rick had an understanding look on his face.

"You can't possibly be okay with this." Lori said to Rick.

"I think he is at an age where he needs tonlearn to defend himself." rick argued

"Our son was shot." Lori said. "He is barely back on his feet and he wants a gun?"

"It's better than him being afraid of 'em." Lori look down as if she was considering.

"Look," I said. "I would be happy to teach him gun training."

"Shane is also one of the best gun trainers I know." Rick said. "I've seen him teach kids. Younger than Carl..." Lori walked over to Carl and grabbed his face so that she was looking up at him.