Chapter 6

" Cassidy!! Cassidy!! Wake up!!" Amelia shakes me awake.

" What?" I rub my eyes.

" Your mother is home,"

My eyes widen. " She is?" I run downstairs. "Mom you're home!" I give her a hug.

She pushes me off. " Do you mind taking my suitcases to my room?"

" Sure," I take her suitcases and bring them to her room. Typical mom. I make my way back to the living to find Amelia and my mom talking.

" Cassidy deserves to know," Amelia speaks.

" She has no right to know! And you better keep your mouth shut or else." my mom threatens.

I cover my mouth with my hands to stay silent. What is my mom hiding from me?

" I understand. But you can't hide this forever. Cassidy will figure it out one day." Amelia whispers.

" She won't!" my mom yells. " And if she does, you'll be fully responsible for everything. You hear me?"

I hear my mother steps out of the room. Her footsteps are getting quieter and quieter. I get up and walk into the living room.

" Cassidy! How much did you hear?" Amelia turns around.

" Nothing. Just heard my mother storm off." I lie. " So breakfast?"

" Yeah. I left some eggs and bacon in the pan. Why don't you eat some breakfast and I'll set up for today's lesson plan."

" Okay," I walk into the kitchen.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

The day went by pretty fast. Amelia let me skip for a day but she still assigns me some homework. My mind was too focused on what my mom said early to finish homework. What is she hiding from me? Her own daughter. This is driving me insane.

" Cassidy!! Jayden and Gilmher are downstairs!!" Amelia shouts.

" Okay...I'll be down in ten minutes!"

I head to my closet. I'm not really in the mood to wear anything fancy. I put on a plain white t-shirt and a pair of blue jean shorts. I take the wig out of the cabinets and place it on my head. Gilmher and Jayden will find out soon. I can already imagine they're reactions. But for now, I'll jut enjoy what they have in store for me. I grab one of my leather jackets from a rack and walk downstair.

" Finally, you're done," Gilmher complains.

" Get use to it!" I put on my white vans.

" I want Cassidy back by midnight. Understood?" Amelia points at the both of them.

" No problem," Jayden says a bit scared.

" Don't worry I'm way better than Jayden," Gilmher says.

Amelia laughs. " I like Jayden better,"

Gilmher's jaw drops. " Do you really? Cause we all know who the better brother is." Gilmher sticks his two thumbs at himself.

" Yeah, me," Jayden says,