Chapter 32

Jayden's Pov
I open the front door to find Zach standing on my porch. "Zach? What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"There's something that I need to tell you," he speaks, wearing a sad face. "It's urgent."

I raise an eyebrow. "Okay?" I say, taking a few steps out to the patio. "What's up?"

He sighs loudly, making me nervous. "I'm not sure if you heard about this but Amelia is leaving. For good. She got a job as a high school teacher in New York."

"Oh," I say, feeling a bit relieved. Zach scared me, I thought it was gonna be something dreadful.

"And just recently, Amelia offered Cassidy a full scholarship to attend the school," Zach adds, making me jump.

My eyes widen at the sudden words. "She did?" Zach nods his head in response. "Well-um- I'm proud of her- tell her I said congratulations." I struggle to find the right words. Zach rolls his eyes and slaps me on the arm. "Ow, what was that for?" I groan.

"Revenge?"

I nod my head agreeing that it was fair. "Yeah, okay."

"And two, I don't buy anything that you just said. When I first came here, you punched me right in the face just because you thought I was making a move on your girl. Thanks for the scar on my forehead by the way, really much appreciated."

"Listen, if you're just here to make fun of me then-"

"That's not why I'm here idiot," Zach cuts me off. He takes a deep breath before continuing. "I'm not exactly sure what's going on between you and my sister, but I do know that she still loves you," he tells me with no hesitation.

"And you know how?" I dare to ask.

"She's been locking herself up in her room for the past two weeks all because of that dumb argument you two had at the diner," he explains. "Then a few days ago she discovered a video of you kissing some random blonde girl."

My eyes widen. F**k. How am I suppose to explain this to my ex-girlfriend's brother? He's gonna beat the sh*t out of me.

"Jayden?" Zach snaps me out of my thoughts. "Just tell me what's going on. I promise to not tell or beat your ass," he chuckles.

I exhale. "Well, weeks ago, we were driving Gessica to the airport and before she left. She um-"

"She told you that she kissed Cassidy?" Zach took a wild guess. I assume that Cassidy told him about it.

I nod my head instead of responding.

"Okay? Then what? Your jealousy got the best of you, and you decided to get Cassidy back by making out with some girl that you just met?" he speaks out of line. But he spoke the truth.

"Yeah," I said disappointedly. "But it's not like it matters anymore. There's nothing to change it."

"Are you hearing yourself right now? This is ridiculous." he shakes his head violently.

"Face it Zach, we're never gonna be together again. Not after what I did," I say sadly, looking down at my white socks.

He lays his arm on my shoulder. "Jayden, forget about the past and focus on the future. You guys might not have the same relationship as before but at least you'll still be friends. Isn't that better than nothing?"