Chapter 27

I'm currently at a breakfast cafe near my house with a couple of my friends. I sit awkwardly at the end of the table with my legs and arms crossed. I'm constantly running my hand through my hairline nearly every minute to avoid conversation.

Why did I ever agree to this? I sigh, slouching on my seat, arms crossed. I look around me. Everybody is huddle together in their tiny separate groups while I'm over here being a total outcast.

" Why so gloomy?" A voice whispers into my ear. I turn my head slightly to the right and spot a figure with hazel brown eyes inches away from my face.

Sh*t. I cuss in my head causing myself to jump and twitch.

" Please don't do that," I say as I place both of my hands on my chest.

He removes them and licks the lower of half of his lip. " Sorry. So what are you doing over here all alone?"

" Waiting for time to pass by,"

He chuckles. " You're so lame,"

I roll my eyes, turning my back against him. I look over at Jayden's direction out of curiosity.

" That's bullsh*t!" Jayden shouts at his phone. He's been very attached to his phone lately. I haven't seen him look up from his phone once.

A few minutes pass as a waiter hands us our food. My stomach growls the second the scent enter my nostrils. I stab a fork into one of the sausages and let the flavor sit on my mouth; followed by the pancakes and eggs.

" Hey," Gessica says shyly. She sat next to me this whole time but neither of us really wanted to make a move.

I smile. " Hey,"

She twirls her hair nervously. " I-uh-I need to tell you something,"

" Okay, I'm all ears." I say.

" There's something that I've been meaning to say. And its that-"

" Yo! Gessica, come over here for a second." Gilmher yells from the other side of the table.

" Give me a second I'm talking to-"

" You're second is up, now hurry up!" Gilmher roars as his fist makes contact with the table. The table wobbles for awhile as some of the cups tips over.

Gessica groans. " Sorry about that. I'll tell you later." Gessica stands up and walks over to the other side of the table.

I rest my head on my hand, adjusting my bottom into a more comfortable position. Chatter fills up the room as dark emotions takes over me.

If this event was made to help cheer me up, well it isn't going very well as planned. If anything, it's doing the complete opposite. At least at home I had something up my sleeve.

I take another sip of orange juice. My third cup today to be exact. The liquid in my bladder pounds against me.

I excuse myself and head to the ladies room. After I was done, I went straight to washing my hands. I turn the facet on, letting the cold water ease its way out.