Chapter 6

As the group neared the rim of the burnt forest, they decided to split up.

Veezee and Arya go to the far side.

Wildfire and Oraki went west.

Soul and Jaydon stayed to the east.

As they all went to the positions, Soul shifted to a wolf and began running, Jaydon using his vampire speed to stay by her side.

Warren was a large dragon, he soared over the one clearing. Soul watched him as he landed and she growled.

Soul searched the forest rim for the others, then all of a sudden, Arya had started running towards Warren.

Soul snarled and dove after her, Jaydon attempting to grab onto her.

She kept on running, Oraki's shouts warning them that Warren was about to use fire.

warren drew his head back and let out a roar, sending Soul tumbling back in pain from the sound. She shifted to a wolf as Arya shouted an launched to him.

Soul growled as Wildfire dashed to Warren, locking her jaws on his thick scaled leg.

She launched herself at the other leg, causing bright red blood seeped out of his bite wound.

Arya turned into a dragon as she jumped on top of him, crushing the large dragon. Wings beat the ground and fire burned everywhere. they both lifted off the air and the battle went to the skies.

"Come on!" Oraki shouted as his feet turned to rockets and he flew up. Wildfire popped out her wings and Veezee lifted up on some earth. Jaydon spread his angel wings an lifted off the ground " are you coming?" he called to Soul.

Her black demon wings were out, but she stood hesitantly. "J-just bring Warren down, I will set something up for him" she replied.

I can't let them know... Soul thought as he flew up to them.

Veezee and Oraki slammed to the ground, their blood running from wounds. Soul looked up and watched as Wildfire struggled to keep up with Warren.

As Arya finally got a solid blow onto Warren's wing, he came down. Oraki yelled for them to move.

Soul cringed at the massive blow the dragon gave when he hit the ground, Warren then laid there lifeless.

She got up and shifted to a wolf, padding over to the other side if him. Peering over to see the dragons face, his eyes opened and a smile formed in his scaly lips. Soul snarled and tried to jump away, but Warren quickly grabbed her small body in his talons and started flying up to the sky.

"SOUL!!" Jaydon screamed from the ground. They were all wounded from the fight, but he still tried to get up.

Up in the air Soul was frozen in fear. She stared down to the earth, watching it get smaller an smaller. She squirmed in his grip as Warren began to leave the forest.

"Put me down!" Soul snarled, baring her fangs.

Warren roared in reply and kept going. Soul snarled in frustration; in the corner of her eye she saw something.

Soul's eyes widened when Jaydon sped in front of Warren, stabbing a stake into the dragons throat. She gasped for breath and his claws tightened around her body.

Then she was falling.

The wind blinded her vision and her arms thrashed around.

Great, how pathetic, falling to my death!!

Soul stiffened as arms slowly formed on her back and the falling stopped. She looked over and was face to face with Jaydon. His light purple eyes glittered with relief. Soul's breathing shallowed and she wrapped her arms around him.