20 > real life

Walking down the pebbled road in 6 inch heels to the small barn where Chris and Minka were holding their co-bachelor/bachelorette party was the biggest struggle of Liberty's life at the moment.

The walk gave her time to time though, time to think about James, Chris, and just about every other thing that crossed her mind. Part of her was screaming to leave, to just turn around and jump on the next plane to New York with Ashton and go home to James. But she knew she couldn't do that. James would definitely send her back anyway. He'd remind her that this is supposed to be her closure. That this is her way to say goodbye to the Chris she used to know and start embracing the new one.

It sounds a lot easier when he explains it. As Liberty approached the barn she was over come with a sense of bravery. Although nothing about this was brave. There's no bravery in showing up to an ex-boyfriend's wedding if he doesn't remember who you are.

Bracing herself, Liberty steadily opened the barn doors and laid before her was a gorgeous display of enormous flower bouquets and giant lanterns. It's everything she had ever wanted at her own party, but this wasn't hers. The Chris getting married, isn't even the one she knew. 

Scarlett and Elizabeth made their way to Liberty, with big stretched out arms. "Can you believe they're throwing a co-ed bachelorette party? Because I can't." Elizabeth whispered to the two of them.

Liberty stifled her laughter. "Let's play nice, I wouldn't want to get kicked out of the wedding party before it even began." Scarlett laced her fingers throw Liberty's and helped lead her to a place setting.

"You're sat right between me and Sebastian." Scarlett told Liberty, "And Minka placed herself and Chris and the ends of the table, as if to establish themselves as the kind and queen."

Sebastian scoffed as he and Anthony approached the ladies, "As if Minka could be the queen of anything besides lies."

Liberty let out a loud giggle at the same time Chris and Minka walked into the barn, hand in hand. "Speak of the devil." Anthony whispered and nudged Liberty.

"Oh please, that's an insult to the devil." Elizabeth whispered back. Minka grabbed a glass and tapped on it to get everyone's attention.

"Thank you all for joining us at our joint bachelor party. We hope you all enjoy tonight and we will enjoy spending the rest of our lives together." Minka shared a soft smile with the crowd and raised her glass, "Here's to tonight."

Everyone grabbed a glass and raised it in unison to Minka's. Chris looked over at Liberty and gave her one of his signature big smiles. Liberty could feel her heart in her throat. It was going to be a long night.