Crashing robots

An: I do not own death note or any of the characters.

(Near's Pov )

It was morning at wammys, I was the only one awake. Not even roger was awake at this time, I didn't look at the clock but I assumed it was around 5:00 am seeing as the sun was barely out. I was already allowed out so I rubbed the tiredness from my eyes and walked downstairs to the main room. The couch and every other chair was free but I didn't care I decided to sit on the floor near a corner with my robots making sound effects as they crashed together.

After a while I heard a few kids wake up and come to the room but they didn't look at me, this was to normal and I didn't care about this.

Soon the door flew open and the room went silent but I didn't look up to see who entered. I already knew who it was. It was the chocolate loving blonde, who on an everyday basis would want something from me. I never knew what it was, but it was always something.

The male fully dressed in leather was approaching slowly but I continued to play with the two robotic toys. The other kids went back to talking and playing with each other before the foot steps stopped and there was now a shadow above my head. "Would Mello quicken things up?" I heard him growl at me but I didn't look up or show him any emotion.

Mello grabbed my collar and and forced me against the wall before kneeing me in the gut. I flinched and looked down. He didn't earn my attention. That's when something came to mind. I've never actually asked what he wanted from me. I was hesitant to ask but the words escaped my mouth calmly,

"what does Mello want from me?" I could tell that he didn't like what I said because about five seconds later a punch landed across my cheek. He would have stopped by now but be didn't. He threw me to the floor and kicked my side before walking out of the room.

I turned on my side and sighed quietly wiping a bit of blood from my cheek and slowly pushing myself off the ground. I picked up my two robots and weakly played with them. I was in so much pain and could barely breath, but I couldn't let anyone see.