Chapter 6

In the frigid morning air, I sip my cappuccino from the Elephant House. I'm heading for St. Giles' to try and write something for my portfolio to give to Lorelei Smith. In her speech, she said that she's got good contact with hundreds of publishers, and she'd be happy to send off the best stories to them. So, naturally, I have to write the best story.
Taking a seat in a creaking wooden pew, I look up at the stained glass and put my headphones in. Placing my pen to the paper, ideas flow in the form of small sketches, stories that have been waiting to be told for years, stories hidden in these stone walls themselves. In plain sight, just waiting for someone to speak up. For hours, I sit, telling a tale of two Scottish princesses and one Welsh man, living thousands of years ago. I sketch out stories of all of the characters in the stained glass. I imagine all of the families who have their crests on the ceiling. And finally, I write about a lovely boy who met a lonely girl by catching her scarf in the wind.

By the time I leave St. Giles', it's almost lunchtime again. I'm not very hungry, and I've left my wallet back at the flat, so I continue down High Street out into the hillside section. The people begin to diminish down this way, and a quite ugly white business building that looks as though it's trying to be modern is planted near the end of the street. I walk past it quickly, feeling out of place in my yellow beanie, gray scarf, and overall just very casual clothes amongst the tuxedoed men and classy women. But the long walk was worth it. Planted at the end of the street is a lovely old stone castle. It's huge but looks almost unused, its gates locked and shut. A few loud tourists taking pictures nearby call it Holyrood Castle. I jot down in my notebook: research on Holyrood. I gaze on the lovely castle for a few more moments, and then turn around, walking back up the Royal Mile. I'm staring down at my ideas on my notebook page, lost in thought, when the previously abandoned street has obviously gained another living soul and I didn't notice. I slam right into somebody, dropping my notebook and falling backwards. "Oh my god, I am so sorry." I say, grabbing my notebook and getting to my feet. "No, it's my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going." My heart skips a beat. Is that... I look up. "Jaxon?" I say in slight disbelief. He grins. "Samantha! I apologize, we must stop meeting like this." He chuckles. "No, it's alright." I say, fighting the blush that spreads up to the tips of my ears. We stand in awkward silence for a moment when Jaxon suddenly asks, "Want to go get lunch?"
I am so taken aback that I nod out of shock. Then I smile. "Yes. I'd like that." That white grin breaks across his face, and I can't help but grin back as my heart does backflips inside my chest.
*******
A/N
Anyone liking it so far? I've got 20-something views and it's only been up a day so I'm feeling pretty good.
If you're liking it, be sure to vote or comment or whatever you wanna do.
Don't like it? That's okay. I'll still take your feedback.
Also, sorry if I have any historical or any other inconsistencies. I don't remember everything about England.
That's it really. Anyone else shipping Jaxam yet? :)