C H A P T E R THREE

An idea landed in my head. I grabbed Havoc's hand and told Spencer and Riley that we'd be back.

"Where are we going?" she asked as I pulled her.

"To follow Ace. He's alone. He's never alone." I answered.

"Ugh, do you like him or something?" she complained.

"No, never that! He's dumb." I assured her. I was just curious. It was right for me to know someone before making out with them.

We slowed our pace so he wouldn't notice us. We ducked behind students and corners and fought our giggles. He came to his destination after going through the door to the courtyard. He stood in the corner on his phone. Havoc and I watched him from an empty classroom window.

A girl walked up to him, smiling profusely. She threw her arms around his neck and smiled into his eyes. She looked familiar, but I couldn't quite remember who she was.

"Havoc, record!" I slapped her thigh. For some reason, I felt angry. But, why? I would have him all to myself on Friday. They weren't even kissing. They looked stupid standing there like they were in love. The two were just talking. I didn't like how he held her waist or how her arms remained around his neck.

Havoc stopped recording since nothing else was happening.

"Ugh, that bitch!" she rolled her eyes.

"What? What is it?" I looked at her eagerly. Havoc was like an archive. She knew everything about everyone and I would never know how. She always knew how to expose someone and if you lived in our county, you better believe she knew something about you.

"That bitch talks to every boy you talk to. She's in some secret competition with you."

I smirked to myself, "Why are you so right?"

I thought about what she'd just told me and wondered how I hadn't noticed sooner. When Lance and I would flirt and he'd put me on his Snapchat story, I'd always see her talking to him the same day. When I met Daniel, she suddenly was friends with him too.

"What's her name again? Whore, right?" I joked.

"It's spelt like whore, but pronounced Caitlyn." She laughed.

"But, I am Charlotte. No one is better than me. Hoes like to compete where they don't compare." I shrugged. 

"Imagine what'd she do if she found out you and Ace were messing around. She claims that he's her best friend."

Havoc dedication moment: Never change, Havoc. I don't know what I'd do if you didn't always give me the scoop.

"Does he claim her, too?" I asked.

"Yeah. They're always on the phone and texting. But, she flirts with every boy so he probably is trying to smash her."

"He really wants to fuck her with all that extra extra she got jiggling around." I made a sour face.

"Maybe he likes fat bitches." She suggested. We left the classroom, snickering.

We met up with Riley and Spencer outside the cafeteria.

"Where did ya'll go?" Spencer asked.

"We followed Ace. He had that bitch Caitlyn all over him." I cringed. We started walking towards our favorite teacher's room, Mrs. Green. She was like my school mom. Our other favorite teacher was Ms. Williams. She was the only adult I confided solely in. She knew about all my boy struggles and more. My own mother didn't know as much as she did.

"Hey, girls!" Mrs. Green said when we walked in. She was walking around frantically.

"Mrs. G, did you eat sugar again? You know you can't have too much." I questioned her. If we didn't look out for health, who would?

"I had a little bit, but whatever." She started dancing when her favorite song started to play from her computer.

Riley and I looked at each other and shook our heads.

"There's a club meeting today. Everyone into the other room!" Ms. Williams announced. The girls and I followed her orders and snagged our favorite table in the back of the room. We sat back there and mainly goofed off.

We were a part of the Future Millionaire's of America Club. It was all about business, marketing, investments, and other things of that nature.

Kaden, Ace, and two other boys entered the room. They sat at the table next to ours. I giggled and made eye contact with the girls.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen, we need to prepare for our State competition. Everyone competes! Those who advance will be joining us for three days next month at the State competition. I'm gonna pass around a paper for everyone to sign up for their competition." Mrs. Green said. She was struggling to remain under control, but I knew the sugar was getting to her.

The paper got to us and we signed up for our competition categories. Riley signed up for Speech Writing, I chose Business law, Spencer and Havoc chose Business Presentations.

"Let me walk the paper over." I winked at the girls. I took the paper and sauntered over to the boys' table.

"Hey, guys. What are you all interested in doing?" I leaned on the table, resting my chin in my hand. Ace looked me over and licked his lips. It was about time I'd gotten another reaction.

"Honestly, I doubt if my parents will even let me go to States. I'm always in trouble." Kaden looked disappointed. We'd been good friends for years, but I didn't want him to go, either. He would ruin things between Ace and I.

"Oh, it's okay, babe," I peeked over at Ace as I rubbed Kaden's shoulder, "We will all do our best in your honor."

Ace watched our interaction, but remained blank. He was like a robot and I didn't like it.

"Thanks! I know you guys got this," he smiled and pulled me in for a hug by my waist. I continued to watch Ace, hoping for something. He was good at hiding his emotions, but he had to have felt some type of jealousy.

"Why you in trouble, man?" Ace asked. I sat down, wanting to hear what he'd done this time.

"So, I'm smashing this girl and we going hard. Next thing I know, I hear the garage door open. I told her put her clothes on and get to scootin' and this broad started to make a scene. She starts yelling that I'm worthless and shit. I told her get out or she going through the window. My father comes upstairs and catches us getting dressed. He already knew from the messed up bedding and what not." He looked proud and angry at the same time.

"I hate boys." I rolled my eyes.

"You don't hate me, right?" Kaden winked.

"Get out of here!" I joked as I walked back to my girls.

I sat down unsure of what to do about Ace's lack of emotion.

"Ace is actually stupid." Spencer tsked. She must've seen his blank reactions too.

"Oh, you're telling me." I sighed.

The meeting continued, but I didn't pay attention at all. I needed something from Ace! He seemed happy when he was standing outside with Caitlyn.