Rip - Divinity

For mypretties - thanks for the request and I'm so sorry about your wait!

Every member of the team had felt loss that day, but none like Rip Hunter had

Every member of the team had felt loss that day, but none like Rip Hunter had. He had already lost his wife and son, and now the greedy clutches of death had snatched another from him. Her death had been caused by Vandal Savage's hand, but ultimately it was a sacrifice she had made for the team: her life for theirs so they could kill the tyrant who had  rained down pain on so many others.

Here in death, some would say she could have been mistaken for an angel or a goddess as she had been wrapped in white satin sheets, however this sickened Rip as it made the blood stains even more prominent. The woman he had grown to love had been taken from him by a knife which had slit her throat and had been stabbed directly into her beating heart.

Savage had called it honour to wrap her up like a mummy from ancient Egypt as that was when she was born, but Rip just wanted her in his arms. He wanted the woman he loved to be alive, he wanted to see the sparkle in her eyes and the way her laugh made her face light up with joy but now all that was left was her cold corpse. Her skin gave a sickly glow in the pale light but nevertheless, she looked like she was only sleeping.

The team had brought (Name) home, and as she was lying the coffin, reflected on what had gone on in the past couple of hours...

"Sara, no. I can't tell him about this! What's he going to think?" (Name) asked.

"Rip isn't going to care (Name). He loves you, no matter who you're related to." Sara told her.

"He's gonna freak out. Oh God, why did I let you convince me?" She groaned.

"You need to tell him, it's eating you up. Come on, tell him after the mission." Sara patted her friend's arm and left.

(Name) sighed and got ready, shaking her thoughts from her head and focusing on the task ahead: eliminate Vandal Savage. She dressed into her outfit, a black and maroon bodysuit with her spear and daggers strapped to her her legs.

She followed Rip's orders, and stuck with him through the whole operation, fighting back to back with him. He used his laser gun to take down soldiers whilst she flicked knives and swung her spear at them to keep them away from him, as Rip wasn't the best at hand to hand combat with people as he used guns, rather than swords or knives.

Out the corner of her eye, (Name) saw Savage approach and quickly broke away from Rip to fight him herself. Her spear met his daggers and they danced around each other, fighting to the death. Savage wanted to kill  (Name) for the fun of it whilst was fighting on Rip's  behalf for revenge.

"You love him don't you?" Savage asked, as they clashed.

"More than you'll ever know." (Name) growled.

"You do realise that he doesn't want you. Who would want you, a pathetic little child?" Savage taunted her and she struck blindly, consumed by a reckless rage.

Her spear stabbed though his eye and cut his cheek and left him laughing loudly. He held the dagger in his hand up to her throat and held his hand over her mouth before calling out to Rip.

"Give it up, I have the the only thing you really care about here." He yelled.

Rip froze at the fear in (Name)'s eyes and put his gun on the floor just as Savage plunged the dagger into (Name)'s stomach.

"Father!" She screamed as she dropped to the floor, clutching her stomach. "No!"

Rip looked at her in horror. Not only did Savage just kill the woman he loved, he also just killed their unborn child but what really shocked him was that (Name) wasn't just a legend, she was Savage's daughter.

He was in love with Vandal Savage's daughter...

But now both of the loves of his life were dead and as were both of his children.

(I'm sorry it's a bit rubbish, I didn't really have a good idea but I tried).