chapter twenty

"Do you like me?"

-

"What?" He laughed. "Do you like me?"

I punched the back of his shoulder causing him to trip a little. I screamed from reflexes and he laughed.

Do I like him?

"We almost died," he laughed, balancing himself.

"I caught some food for us," Jimin said, walking towards us. I quickly got down and leaned on my left leg.

"Did you hurt your feet?" He asked, looking at my right foot.

"Yeah, kinda," I mumbled, leaning onto Hoseok a little. "I need my shoes."

"Here," Hoseok said, gesturing me to sit on the ground. I sat down and he grabbed my left foot, ready to put my shoes on for me when I pulled my foot back.

"I can do it myself." I said and he looked at me, arching a brow.

"Fine," he said, handing me my shoes.

"Gosh you two," Jimin sighed frustratedly.

"What?" I grumbled, putting my shoes on.

After putting my left shoe on, I struggled putting my right shoe on. "Don't put your shoe on, just leave it be until your feet heals." Hoseok said and I nodded.

"Alright," I agreed.

"Here," Hoseok stuck his hand for me to take. I took it and he pulled me up.

"Hey," Jimin said. "I'm hungry as fuck, so can y'all do your lovey dovey moments after we finish our food?"

"What lovey dovey moments?" I questioned, arching a brow. "You jealous, bubblegum?"

"What is there to be jealous about?" He scoffed, walking over to a pile of sticks.

Hoseok wrapped my arm around his shoulder and we made our way to Jimin.

"I have a question," Hoseok said. "How did you become apart of Yoongi's gang?"

"Huh? Me?" Jimin stuttered. "Well, that's kind of personal..."

I sat down on the ground in between them.

"Oh, damn, I didn't mean to get into anything personal—I didn't know it was personal." Hoseok hesitated, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well..." Jimin sighed. "I was abandoned by my family and... Well, Yoongi found me and took me in."

"Really?" Hoseok said, surprised.

"Yeah," he said. "I owe him a lot."

I stared at the flames burning from the fire Jimin made.

"Yoongi isn't that bad if you get to know him. He lost his parents and it really scarred him. That's why he's doing that to your parents."

"Were my parents the reason he lost his parents?" Hoseok asked, his voice trembling. He looked as if he didn't want to believe that his parents would do such a thing.

Jimin looked at him a while, not wanting to confess, but nodded. "Yeah,"

I leaned on my palm and looked over at Hoseok. "You okay?" I asked leaning over to touch Hoseoks hands. He looked over at me, his eyes welled up in tears.

"No," he mumbled. "I'm not fine at all."

He held onto my hand tightly when he began to cry. I looked over at Jimin, arching a brow. "Look what you did," I muttered, causing him to roll his eyes.