chapter five

We reached the restaurant-the restaurant with the old man we met recently. "Did he call you?" I wondered.

"Yeah," he said, turning off the engine and unbuckled his seatbelt. I did the same and opened the door, jumping out of the car.

Hoseok knocked on the door, waiting impatiently. The door swung open with the old man standing behind it. He looked around quickly before letting us in. We both walked into the darkness until the lights went on and the door closed.

"Listen, I don't know when or what happened, but I do remember something." The old man said walking over to us. I looked at Hoseok who was-for once-listening patiently whilst I sat down, wondering what the hell he was talking about.

"A week before, they both met with me asking about money. They wanted to borrow money-more than they've already had borrowed from me."

"My parents asked you for money?" Hoseok asked with disbelief in his tone of voice. "Why would-",

"Your parents never told me why, Hoseok. I did hear them talking about moving somewhere else, but after I gave them the huge amount of money they wanted... they just ran off and never came back."

I clicked my tongue before clenching onto my teeth, amazed by how absorbed everything he just explained was. I looked at Hoseok who looked like he just saw a ghost.

"I'm sorry, but that's all I know." The old man said. Hoseok stood up, unbelief full in his eyes before walking out of the restaurant. I looked at the man before nodding a thanks and running after Hoseok.

"Hey, Hoseok!" I shouted after him. He got in his car and slammed it shut. I got in after him. "Hey-,"

"My parents would never go around asking for money like that. There has to be a mistake." He groaned in frustration, hitting the steering wheel.

"How are you gonna find them then?" I asked as he shut his eyes before running a hand down his face.

"I really have no idea." He said. "Let's go back home and find a way."

I nodded in reply whilst he turned the engine on. We were driving out of the parking lot when we heard a loud gunshot.

Hoseok braked whilst I froze in the spot. My heart raced, my breathing slowed and I looked over at Hoseok. "That wasn't-",

"Holy fucking hell," Hoseok muttered under his breath whilst he looked behind him. "I think someone shot the guy."

-