Chapter III; Enigma

Y frowned looking between the computer screen in front of her and the blonde Nobody beside her. The girl was looking at her hands that were nervously clasped together. Y supposed it had taken her a great amount of courage to ask what she was. She had never heard Naminé speak all that much in general. Let alone ask for favors that were definitely breaking rules.

"You want to get in the Town." Y said simply.  Naminé nodded.

"Please." She asked. Y looked back to the computer screen with a frown. She didn't like the idea. It just made it seem like Roxas would realize something was up much faster. But at the same time, she hated how DiZ treated Naminé. Anything small she could do to spite him sounded like a good plan to her. 

"Fine. I can get you in and monitor it for you." Y decided. She heardNaminé's breath catch in surprise. She must not have expected Y to agree. Which Y really understood. She decided not to comment on it. "What do you plan on telling him?" Y asked.

"I just, wanted to meet him. Before it was too late." Naminé said nervously. Y glanced over her shoulder at her and nodded with a frown. That was a lie. She wanted to tell him something. But Y wasn't going to get in her way. Part of Y wanted him to know. Then maybe he could escape before it was too late. 

"Ok." Y agreed softly.

Y didn't see Naminé for a great majority of the day. She did pass by in the tram common, heading toward the woods and the manor. But other than that the blonde Nobody stayed out of Y's sight. Y was surprised to see Roxas run into the tram common looking around almost desperately looked around. When he saw Y he quickly ran over to her.

"Hey, Y. Have you seen a girl in white pass by?" Roxas asked. Y nodded slowly.

"Um, yeah. She just went into the woods. Do you know her?" Y asked. Roxas shook his head quickly.

"No, she just kinda showed up and no one else could see her." He explained. Y frowned in annoyance. Definitely messing with what Roxas knew. But Y didn't have it in her to object anymore.

"Weird. Like that guy yesterday." Y said softly. Roxas looked at her shocked. Y did her best not to react.

"You saw him too?" Roxas asked. Y paused for a moment. It was no use lying, not after already admitting to seeing the girl in white who had to be Naminé.

"Yeah, sorry I didn't say anything earlier. I didn't want to make the others think I was crazy." Y said. Roxas smiled at her sympathetically.

"Why don't we find that girl maybe she knows something." Roxas suggested. Y smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Yeah." Y agreed.

Roxas led the way into the forest. They soon found themselves in the forest facing a strange silvery grey circle floating in the air. Roxas slowly approached it. Y reached out to hold him back, but he didn't notice. As he drew closer to the silvery grey circle a Dusk slipped out followed by two others. They jumped forward and grabbed hold of Roxas attempting to drag him to the hole.

"Lemme go!" Roxas exclaimed as he pulled from the Dusks.

"Roxas run!" Y yelled. She pulled Roxas's arm and ran back into town. Much to her dismay, the Dusks followed them. Y didn't want to have to fight them. But she didn't want to leave it to Roxas again. Then he might remember too much.

Y tried losing the Dusks in town. They ran through every twist and turn Y knew until they ended up in the Sandlot. Much to her annoyance, the Sandlot wasn't empty. Seifer and his gang were hanging around as always.

"Hey, chicken wuss." Seifer said. Roxas skidded to a halt to look at him. Y groaned in annoyance, stopping as well.

"We do not have time for this." Y muttered looking over her shoulder as the Dusks entered the Sandlot.