Chapter XX; Lies Uncovered

It took some time for Y to explain why she had decided to trust X again after everything that had happened. She really couldn't give a concrete reason either. When she had seen him for the first time she had wanted nothing more than to make him pay. But seeing him there, crying on his knees. Some instinct in her rose up. He wasn't supposed to cry. She had to make him stop crying. She couldn't live without him. She needed him.

She couldn't lie and say she had trusted him right away again. She remembered flinching back from him when he said something. Feeling anger overwhelm her at times when she saw him. But she had pushed it aside. Her heart was made up even if her mind wasn't. She needed him. But she couldn't make Mickey understand what she didn't understand. So she stuck to the solid facts.

Mickey accepted Y's decision easier than she thought he would. But he was clearly still wary of him, glaring at him every so often as they made their way back to the computer room. Y nervously glanced at X, slipping her hand into his. He didn't look at her as his fingers laced with hers. He had been silent the entire time. His mind seemed to be elsewhere even now.

"Look at this! This must be the dataspace! The DTD. See? The Door To Darkness!"

Y frowned hearing Sora's voice as they entered the study again. He stood in front of the wall the picture of Terra-Xehanort had been on. The picture was now off to the side, leaning against a different wall. Words word scribbled where it had once been, and Y wasn't sure she would be able to read any of it.

"What do you know. But, that still leaves the password," Leon said, crossing his arms as he looked at the words on the wall.

"Say, fellas, did somebody mention the Door To Darkness?" Mickey said. The group whirled around to face them, smiling broadly.

"Your Majesty!" the trio said happily. Mickey shushed them putting a finger to his lips. He checked the hallway behind them before closing the door. He turned back to the group flipping his hood down. Donald and Goofy rushed forward greeting Mickey with hugs. Y held in a chuckle.

"Long time no see!" Sora said, still smiling. Mickey shushed him again, looking towards the computer room.

"The Organization might be listening!" he warned. Sora nodded, putting his finger to his lips to show his understanding. Donald and Goofy backed away from the King, letting him look around again. "You mentioned the Door To Darkness?"

"Uh, yes sir! Ya see, we're looking for the secret password," Goofy explained.

"Password?" Mickey echoed. The trio all sighed, dropping their shoulders in defeat. "Oh, I guess you mean like a code," Mickey said in realization.

"If the names a clue, then my bet is the princesses of heart," X said calmly motioning with the hand Y wasn't gripping. He leaned back against the wall shrugging.

"They are the way to open the Door To Darkness," Y agreed glancing from X to the trio.

"Of course," Leon said going into the computer room without hesitation.

"What're you trying to do?" Mickey asked.

"With that password, we can get access to Ansem's research data," Sora explained.

"So that means you might be able to find out where he is!" Mickey said. Y frowned glancing to the picture. There was another Ansem, wasn't there. A man of science that used to run this world.

"Stop jokin' around, Your Majesty. We already defeated Ansem. You know that," Sora said in confusion. He looked at Donald and Goofy. They looked just as confused as him, looking at each other before looking back to Mickey. Mickey frowned crossing his arms.