Chapter 4

(Ja’Ciah Pov)

            When I woke up I did my hygiene and went to get dressed. I decided on some khaki cargos, a red and black plaid button up shirt with a red snapback. I threw on some red and black Jordan’s and went into my lil brother room. I decided to take him with me today. I woke him up and took him a bath.

“Good morning Jo-Jo.”

“Morning Ciah”

“Want to roll with me today?”

“Yea” He started screaming. I went to his closet and grabbed his Jordan Retro’s, and matched it with some black cargos. I matched his cargos with a blue and white button up shirt. I pushed his sleeves up to his elbows like mine and we went downstairs. After we ate breakfast we got into the car and made our way to the mall. I pulled up by Mell car, we got out the car in went in. Everybody was waiting at the food court for us. I looked at Yanna and saw that she looked fine ass hell. She had on this pink crop top with some small ass black shorts. She matched her outfit with some pink thong sandals.

“Awe isn’t he just the cutest” Veah said

“He’s so freaking adorable” Nique said. He wasn’t use to strange people so he hid behind my legs.

“Guys stop you scaring the poor baby.” Yanna told them.

“He ain’t no damn baby he almost 4” I told her. Hell cuz he ain’t no damn baby and I don’t want him thinking that.

“Boy shut the hell up ain’t nobody ask you.” She said while mean mugging me. She squatted down to his height and started talking to him.

“Hi, my name’s Yanna, what about you cutie.”

“Jo’Ciah but people call me Jo-Jo.” I was shocked as hell that he replied back to her. Usually he would just hide his face.

“How old are you Jo-Jo?”

“3 almost 4.” He said showing her by putting up his fingers.

“Well how about after we eat we can go to Toys R Us and I’ll buy you anything you want. How does that sound?”

“Good”

“Yea, okay let’s go.” He ranned over to where she was at. She picked him up and brought him to the table. He sat down in her lap and ate with her. I kept looking at him like he was a different person because usually he wouldn’t go near anybody.

“Damn Yanna do you got to be good at everything?” Trell asked her and we all bust out laughing.

“Why you say that?”

“Cuz usually when he meet a new person he would stay behind Ciah legs and don’t go nowhere near anybody. He wouldn’t even talk.” Mell said.

“And look at him now. He sitting in yo lap talking to you and eating with you.” I told her.

“Oh well maybe he just likes me.”

“I guess so.” When we was done eating, Yanna made us go to Toys R Us before we could go to any other store. She bought that damn boy an electric car, a Leap Frog pad with the shit that go to it, and other toys.

“Damn Yanna what else you gone get him?” Veah asked.

“Shit if he knew how to ride a bike he would’ve got that too.” She said while walking out of the store. Every store that we went to she bought him something. While the boys paid for the girls shit, she paid for his.

“I wonder who house this shit gone be at, cuz it damn sure not about to be at mine.” I told her. Hell he already had enough shit at the house.

“Yours, and you bet not say shit to him about it either.” She replied back to me. Even though she didn’t know it, I started to like her. She was good with my lil brother and that was a bonus.