Chapter 11

(Di’Sayanna Pov)

            I was on the highway going back home when the girls called be telling me I need to come back home because Big E got shot. I started speeding all the way to the hospital. I ran to the information desk.

“Hi, I’m here for Elijah Smith?” She kept ignoring me talking on that damn phone. I snatched the phone from her.

“Bitch give me the damn room number for Elijah Smith before this damn phone cord be around your fucking neck.”

“Yanna!” I looked and saw that my brother was calling. I threw the phone at the wall and went to where the group was at.

“Where is he” Is he okay? Please tell me he is okay.”

“He’s still in surgery the doctor hasn’t come out yet.” Mell told me. I started crying because I don’t know what to do without him. He’s been a father figure to me since I met him and I don’t want to lose him. We was in the waiting for a couple of hours, before the doctor came out.

“Family of Elijah Smith.” We jumped up and went over to him.

“Is he okay? He’s okay right?” I asked him hoping that he is.

“I’m sorry but Elijah didn’t make it. The bullet was too close to his heart that we wasn’t able to get it out in time. He died of blood lost. I’m sorry for your lost, if you need help with the funeral arrangements just give us a call.”

I kept hearing it over and over that he didn’t make it. I thought that it was a trick but it wasn’t. He was really gone.

“Which one of you is Yanna?” I couldn’t speak so I just raised my hand. “He asked me to tell you that everything he owns goes to you and EJ. He also said that he wants you to take care of him and that the password to everything is your birthday. Again I’m truly sorry for your lost.” He walked away.

I couldn’t take it anymore and I bust out crying. My legs gave away causing me to fall down. My brother came over and wrapped me in a tight hug trying to reassure me that it was going to be fine. I wanted to believe him but I couldn’t cuz no matter how many times he told me that it wouldn’t bring him back. My legs wouldn’t work properly so my brother carried me to the car. He put me in the passenger seat and drove us to the house. He carried me upstairs to my bed and laid me down. I couldn’t do anything but cry, so eventually I cried myself to sleep.

The Next Morning

I woke up and just laid in the bed. I didn’t feel like moving. I laid there a little while longer until I had to get up. I went and did my hygiene and threw some sweats on. When I was done I just laid back in the bed. Every once in a while someone would come to check on me or get me to eat. I didn’t really talk to them. Since Big E died I slept, ate, and did my hygiene. That was the only thing I could do. There was knocking at the door.

“Hey Yanna I was just coming to let you know that the funeral is in the next week.” Ciah told me.

“Okay.” I felt the bed dipped and knew that he sat down.

“Are you gonna be okay Yanna?”

“I don’t know. He meant a lot to me. He was always there for me when I needed him to be. He helped Mell raised me when he had the time. He always treated me like his daughter even out in the public. When people asked him was I his daughter he always said yes. I always thought of him as my dad even though he’s just a little bit older than Mell. I loved him with every fiber in my body and I don’t know what I would do without him. I don’t know who to turn to anymore.”