Chapter 8 (Clarkes pov)

I get my people into position and wait, even though I don't know what I'm waiting for.

*Boom*
*Loud war cry*

I turn to the people behind me "that's our cue" I say. When I step just into the clearing I see several dead people already, Raven's bombs were very effective.

When I step into the clearing I scan the group charging from the other side for Lexa. Apparently, we were both looking for each other because we lock eyes and her lips form her famous smirk, I smile back. I look at the people in front of me there is a guy charging right at me, sword pointed straight out what an idiot. Before we left Arkida I made sure to grab my sword. I easily knock his sword out of his hand he clearly never learned how to fight properly. I use my sword to cut his throat just like Lexa thought me. When I look back up I see a lot more people have died, there is like no one left actually, wow these people work fast. I should help the wounded I grad the med kit that I bought ( I made sure not to get the ones from Mount Weather) When I look up I see Octavia is laying on a rock clutching her thigh.I dodge through fights and run over to her.

"O, what happened," I ask her.

"Nothing I'm fine" she answers as she tries to stand and grunts in pain.

"That's a lie, and you and I both know it," I tell her.

She doesn't say anything she just nods and slides back down the rock. All of a sudden Lincoln just appears over my shoulder he rushes over to her side asking her a dozen questions a minute.

"Lincoln I got this, go I promise nothing is going to happen to her," I tell him.

He shakes his head no and sits right next to her. I crouch on the other side of Octavia she has a huge wound on her upper thigh, it's deep but not too deep. I get a canteen out of the med kit and pour some water on a rag and then I start cleaning her wound, which she doesn't seem to happy about. When I get closer to the center of the wound she grunts.

"O, you okay?" I ask. She just nods. I look up at her face and it's getting pale she's lost a lot of blood. I have some ripped fabric that I wrap around her leg.

"I will be back later, stay still, please," I tell her

"Where am I going to go?" she asks. 

When I turn around I hear someone calling my name I scan the crowd then I see Monty waving his hands at me. I go over to him.

"What happened to Raven," I ask quickly.

"I don't know she just collapsed" he stumbles.

"I'm fine" an annoyed Raven mumbles.

"No your not," I tell her.

"Go float yourself," Raven says.

"Please just let me look at you," I say her.

"I'm fine" she repeats.

"Raven you're having trouble staying conscious, just let me look at you" I beg her.

"No" raven declares. 

"fine then my moms going to examine you when we get back," I tell her.

She rolls her eyes in response. Just then Lexa appears at my side.

"Clarke I need your help," she says all most out of breath.

"What happened?" I question.

"I just need you to redo my stitches, I tore them," she says as she extends her arm.

"I told you not to use this arm!" I exclaim.

"Sorry, Clarke I had to," she says.

I pull out the thread from my med kit.
I start working on Lexa's arm when I notice some of the people are carrying the dead and the wounded back to Polis. Probably for their Death ritual like then one were we burned fins body.

I cut the string with a knife.

Lexa starts rolling down her sleeve and says, " it's time to go."

"Why do they take the thieves body's too?" I question her.

"Because they must be burned with the people they killed, that is our way," she tells me.

I nod, Lexa and I start to walk back to Poils side by side.

When Heda's tower starts to come into view Lexa asks "would you and your friends like to stay in Polis tonight?"

"It's getting late I think that would be best off if it's okay with them," I say.

In the center of the square there was a pile of the body's being built they were all wrapped in cloth from head to toe.

"When does the ritual begin" I whisper to Lexa.

"As soon as they are done" she whispers back.

The rest of skai Kru spots me and Lexa and they come over, and we stand in an awkward group.

"I have invited you all to stay in my tower tonight if you would like," Lexa tells everyone.

"I think we should stay its a long way to Arkadia and I'm tired" Raven announces.

"I agree with Raven," I say.

 Everyone nods in agreement. We all turn our attention back to the people and the body's, waiting for the fire to start.

Authors note:

A little cliffhanger what's going to happen in Heda's tower? What happened to Raven? What will happen back at Arkadia?

I am really sorry I forgot to write until now :(

Also, i'm out of ideas suggestions would be very helpful