Chapter 9 (Clarke's pov)

Not long after we agreed to stay in Polis. The bodies had been stacked in a mound and were ready to be burned.  Lexa grabs my hand and we silently weave our way through the crowd. when we get to the front I can't help but notice a huge wooden platform that wasn't there before.  Lexa pulls me up on it with her and takes a torch from someone whose face I can't see.

"Today many lives were lost for no reason, but those lives were avenged with the help of Ski Kru. They are now apart of us again and anyone that goes against that can deal with me. *long pause*" Leaxa turns around and lowers the torch and whispers under her breath yo gonplei ste odon. I grab her hand again and give her a quick smile she nods back. Together we turn around and she says jus drein jus daun which sends the crowd into a frenzy of chants. We walk over to everyone else and together we walk two Heda's tower. 

We get into the elevator and stop at the second to the highest floor. There are two guards posted by the elevator doors she gives them orders in trigedasleng. "These men will show you to your rooms, I hope they are comfortable," says Lexa.  Everyone murmurs thanks all at the same time and they follow the guards. When the doors close Lexa turns and looks at me "whats wrong" she asks? 

"Its just O and Raven they both had some injuries and I need to check them," I say.

"They will be fine until tomorrow" Lexa attempts to reassure me. I just nod my head. Before I can say anything else the doors open. Lexa and I start to walk down the hall when she stops and turns toward me. "Clarke I need your help with something," she tells me. She must see how worried I am because she says " I just need you to clean this." Lexa turns around and moves the shoulder cape thing to show me a long gash on her back. "What the hell why didn't you tell me about that? " I exclaim.

'It's not that bad I just can't reach it" Lexa says. 

"I still pissed, I would have helped if you just asked," I tell her. Lexa, just sort of smirks and pushes the doors next to her open.  

Lexa sits down on the edge of the bed and unhooks her shoulder pad and lets it drop to the floor. I walk into the bathroom that is off to the side of her bed and find the nearest rag and a bowl of hot water when I return Lexa's top was pull off her shoulders and was around her waist. I hand her the rag and bowl and dig through my makeshift med bag and find some of Monty's moonshine to use as a disinfectant. I mix the hot water and the moonshine and gently press the rag to Lexa's back I hear her take a sharp breath and feel her tense up.

I know I should hate and loathe Lexa for what she has done but the only thing that matters to me is that I wish I could make her pain disappear. It hurts me to see her like this.

Hey! sorry for the short chapter but maybe there might be a little bit of smut next time ;)