Chapter 1

-Katy P.O.V-

I woke up screaming with sweat all over me and tears running down me face, Harry came running a second after,

"Kat are you ok.. Is it the nightmare again?" He looked at me with sympathy and sat at my bedside.

Harry was my cousin and roommate, we moved into a flat in Holmes Chapel a year ago, I wanted to move here alone but Harry wouldn't let me unless he came with me. He just wanted to make sure I was safe, so I agreed to it. I'm glad he did though he keeps me company and makes me feel safer.

I nodded and wiped the tears away sitting up against my head board.

Harry exited and came back with a wet cloth, I wiped my face and gave it back to him.

"What was it about this time?" He asked in a raspy voice.

"The same it usually is.. My dad comes in and beats me and yells at me..."

I felt a tear fall again and wiped it away, I never liked talking about it to people but it feels better when I tell it to Harry because he helps me and makes me feel always welcome to talk about it.

"Well it's ok Kat your not with him anymore, your here and your safe." He gave me a reassuring smile.

"Thanks Haz.. It just feels so real sometimes.." I rubbed my arms and looked out the window.

"What time is it?" I asked, the sun looked like it was about to come out.

"It's uh.. 5:47am"

He rubbed his eyes and stretched, "Well, I have to get ready for work anyway. Thanks for waking me up alarm."

I smiled and he came over and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and he walked out. I sighed and decided not to fall back asleep or I might wake up screaming again, I got out of bed and opened up my blinds fully, I did a big stretch and went into the bathroom. I brushed out my hair and put it in a messy bun and walked down stairs. Harry already made a cup of tea for me, I thanked him and grabbed the cup and sat down on the couch. Harry had the tv on the news since that's all that's really on at 6am.

"Ok, I'm going to take a shower Kat."

I nodded to him and continued watching the news, some car chase was going on. The cops ended up catching the guy after he hit another car, amateur.. After I finished my tea and ate some breakfest Harry came back down in his work outfit. I smiled at him and he smiled to with his dimples.

"You always look cute in your bakers outfit Haz." I said, standing and poking his side.

He laughed and poked me back,

"You tell me that everyday Kat. So thank you."

"Your welcome couz, you leaving right now?"

"Yeh, in about a minute, would you like to come to town with me?"

"Yeh I guess got nothing else planned, let me get dressed real quick."

He nodded and I ran upstairs and put on a tanktop and a black cardigan with some skinnies, my hair was messy so I took one of my various beanies and slipped it on. I came back down and Harry was waiting in the car, I grabbed my phone and keys and locked the door behind me. I got in the passenger and we sped off.. Counting Stars by One Republic came on and me and Harry sang all the way to the bakery.

He pulled into the parking lot and we got out.

"Oh Kat, I also have mma practice today is it cool if you hang around while im there or do you want me to take you home before I go?"

"No it's fine, I'll watch you, I wanna see if my cousin is good or not anyway." I smiled and pretended I was fighting, walking into the shop, Harry followed after.

He laughed and shook his head, "for your information I am the second best person there."

I held up my hands, "well you little badass, why aren't you the first?" I smirked.

"This guy zayn is, but he doesn't deserve it. He's disrespectful and a bad person. So watch out for him when I take you today ok?" He looked at me seriously and I nodded.

Harry had put on his apron and went behind the counter, I picked a spot by the window and pulled out my phone. I checked my networks and pulled up one of the books I'm reading. I was reading when I felt some come sit across from me, I looked up and found a cute blonde haired boy with the beatiful blue eyes sitting. He smiled at me and I put my phone down.

"Uh hi can I help you?" I asked, looking for Harry. But he seemed to be in the back baking. The boy smiled at me.

"Nothing, just couldn't find an empty seat."

I looked around and the place was completely empty, I looked at him and he laughed.

"Sorry, couldn't find a good enough reason in time, so what's your name beautiful?"

I put a strand of hair behind my ear and looked at him, I smiled shyly.

"I'm Katy Young, people call me Kat though."

"Well it's nice to meet you Kat Young. I'm Niall Horan."