Chapter Four ; A Curious Case

Toriel looked down the silent hall, before walking into the kitchen and grabbing the blade from the top of the refrigerator.

She took a moment to look at it, running her thumb-pad along the shiny, blood stained metal.

Toriel wasn't going to lie, the human scared her. Worried her, at the very least. The child was stronger than her.
If Chara had developed violent intentions, no one could stop them.
They were a curious case, and Toriel needed a bit more time to think on it. Her main fear was with their relationship with Asriel.

Chara seemed like a.. reserved person. To put it simply, anyways.
And Asriel was a loving, helpful one. Toriel knew very well that Asriel would do anything for Chara. Even if it was retrieving the very knife that Toriel carried in her hands.

Toriel grew anxious of the thought of Asriel getting hurt.
She walked over to the bookshelf and hid the blade behind a few books, before walking down the hall and opening Asriel's bedroom door quietly.

The room was dark, spare Asriel's quiet snoring. Toriel could faintly see the two children, in which Chara was hugging onto Asriel, one arm around his chest and the other his shoulder. Chara seemed to be in a deep, yet upsetting sleep, as they seemed to be disturbed by nightmares.
The tiny fit of mumbling and moving was temporary, and quickly stopped.

Toriel frowned, walking inside the room, but accidentally stepped on a piece of paper, and an already broken crayon.

She frowned and looked down, before kneeling down and picking up the paper and crayon.
Toriel eyed the drawing, realizing it wasn't Asriel's.

Toriel narrowed her eyes.
It was drawn by someone with a shaky grip, it was obvious.
It was Chara's. And the drawing was either a poorly drawn Asriel, or just green, yellow, and black splotches.

It had to be Asriel.
That was actually quite heartwarming.

Toriel glanced to Chara and Asriel, in which the two were sleeping peacefully.
She proceeded to exit the room, shutting the door behind herself.

Toriel then heard the front door open, as soft footsteps padded in.
"Tori?" The familiar man called.

Oh, right. Asgore was coming home tonight,
And Toriel forgot to tell him about the 'new arrival.'

Toriel walked over to Asgore,
"Asgore! Welcome home." She smiled

Asgore seemed a bit worried,
"Thank you, Toriel. But, I must ask. Rumors about a human child in the beginning of the catacombs have spread. Is this true?" He asked.
Earlier, anxious monsters had been pestering Asgore for information on the situation, but honestly, Asgore had no idea what to do.

The Whimsum that had caught a glimpse of the child had been quite timid, and didn't describe them that well.

Toriel sighed,
"Yes, it is true. The human had fallen from the surface, and Asriel heard them when they hit the ground. They were bleeding quite a lot when he brought them to me, so I got them cleaned up, but..
I found a knife. I didn't tell Asriel, to make sure I didn't worry him. After that, I let the child rest. When they woke up, Asriel and the human played a bit.. I think so, anyways.
They seemed a bit anxious to get their hands back on their knife, so I put it somewhere they couldn't get it. They haven't spoken to me yet, but I think they have talked with Asriel a fair bit, since he claims their name is 'Chara'." Toriel tried to summarize.

Asgore smiled a bit,
"It seems they have grown to be good friends?" He wondered.

Toriel sighed,
"Well, yes, but I don't know what they are like, Asgore. I don't think they are.. passive, to say the least. 'Chara' seems quite uncomfortable with everything going on." She said.