Chapter 22: Proud

Its okay my child, crying will just make you stronger.

So don't fear to do so.

♉♈♊♋♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓⛎

{Lucy's p.o.v}

It's been three months.

I miss fairytail, but I'm doing this for them, so its a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

I have become a lot stronger, I can summon five spirits at once now, and battle beside them.

I've also learned to sword fight and do hand to hand combat.

Zeref said he will teach me how to do more spells with my celestial magic, other than summoning my spirits.

Today we are gonna have a picnic instead of training because I'm progressing so fast.

Today The outfit chosen for me was a knee-high white dress with color splotched on it with the same pattered converse. Today's Necklace is a white ribbon choker with a little silver bell on it.

Zeref is great with fashion, its really a shame he's a boy.

Then the thought of Zeref wearing different outfits he's chosen for me, as a boy, popped into my head.

I started laughing so hard it brought tears to my eyes.

Its time for the picnic so I grabbed a small basket of brownies I made.

I tried a recipe that I had from my childhood and they turned out great!

I walked down the new addition to this floating island/dimension, a little white marble path. I loved it!

I kept walking until I ended up at the waterfall I found when I first came here.

Near the waterfall was a picnic bench with some sandwiches and some lemonade.

Zeref turned around from looking in the small pond that drank from the waterfall.

I saw zeref watch me from the corner of my eye as I walked forward and looked into the water.

Koi fish!

"They are so beautiful!" I shouted

I had scared Zeref because I saw him jump.

"Uh... yea.... they're great." he paused trying to calm his breathing

"Did I scare you that badly?" I giggled

He smiled softly.

"Yea..."

I snickered

His face then turned solemn.

"what's wrong?" I asked watching his gaze go back on the fish.

"My curse hasn't been doing anything lately, I just don't want to hurt them, but that will cause me to hurt them."

I understood.

his curse reacts to his emotions, if he cares for something his curse will suddenly react and kill it dead. (heh, kill it ded)

"Don't worry, if it does I can use my barrier to protect them." I smiled sadly.

"Alright, let's just enjoy ourselves then." he said, snapping out of his thoughts

He walked over to the table and I followed, sitting across from him.

"So, what kind is this?" I asked shoving a sandwich in his face and laughing.

He laughed back.

"I think its chicken, but I just kinda... snapped my fingers so..."

I Smiled.

"Of course you would know what you summoned, it better not be poisonous!"

we both joked around until we finished the sandwiches and lemonade.

"okay, what should we have for desert?" he had his fingers ready to snap to deliver anything we imagined.

"But, I made brownies." I pouted and lifted the basket up from under the table.

"Lucy, you didn't have to." he said smiling

"No, I wanted to." I said taking a plate of brownies out of the basket and placing in the middle of the table.

I watched carefully as he picked one up and bit the corner of it.

"This is great! there's even chocolate chips in it!" he quickly took another bite.

"Glad you like it, I've only made these once as a four year old with my mom." I bit into a brownie.

Its as good as I remember.

It makes me think of the times I had with my mom before she died.

She would be proud of me now I hope.

Maybe not....

Would she be upset that I'm being friendly to my enemy while my family suffers with my loss?

My head is now filled with more thoughts and doubts than I had when I came here.

Were they proud?

♈♉♊♋♌♎♏♐♑♒♓⛎

Update: 4 ;))))