Trying

The sky was grey again today. It's been grey for a few days now, but it hasn't rained. To Hoseok though, even if the sky was blue and the clouds were white, he'd still feel like it was grey.

He's been alone for a long time, only living with his mother, his father long gone. He was an alpha and his mother always told him to find himself a good mate to take care of and protect, but he hasn't found that certain someone yet. He was waiting, but he was starting to get tired of waiting.

He started to become rebellious and not listen to adults. He was the leader of his small group of friends. They didn't do much except smuggle weed and alcohol. He was 18 after all.

Him and his two friends didn't have mates. That is mostly the reason for their rebellious actions.

"Bro, what if a star fell down to earth, would it be small or big?" Namjoon asked as he looked up at the night sky.

"How high are you?" Hoseok asked Namjoon who's eyes were half open.

"I don't know man," Namjoon confessed.

The three boys were having their weekly meeting, with marihuana and bottles of bitter beer.

"Is Yoongi even alive?" Namjoon asked turning to Yoongi who was staring at the small campfire the boys started.

"Yoongi," Hoseok said and waved his hand in front of Yoongi, but he didn't say anything or move at all. "He's dead."

Namjoon let out a small chuckle and looked back at the stars.

"We're almost graduates," Namjoon said softly.

"Yeah," Hoseok said in reply, taking a sip of his beer.

"Do you think we'll find out mates?" Namjoon asked.

"I don't know Namjoon, I mean people have a name for our group," Hoseok said, finishing the last of his beer before throwing the bottle away. "The loners."

"That's dumb," Yoongi said out of nowhere.

Hoseok and Namjoon looked at him with surprise. Yoongi was still staring into the fire.

"Yo Yoongi, you okay?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah," Yoongi said simply. "Fire is just so cool you know. It's beautiful to look at, but dangerous to touch."

"Yoongi shut up, you're hurting my brain," Hoseok said to him.

"He's got a point though," Namjoon said.

"We should probably get going, it's almost one in the morning," Hoseok said looking at his phone.

"Yeah, come on Yoongi," Namjoon said getting up. He started to pull Yoongi up from his rock while Hoseok put out the fire.

"Namjoon carry me," Yoongi said, jumping on Namjoon's back.

"Fine," Namjoon said sighing, as he carried Yoongi on his back.

"Hey, what do you think happenes if we don't find our mates before high school ends?" Hoseok asked walking next to Namjoon, his hands in his sweatshirt pocket.

"I don't know, I think we eventually will meet them," Namjoon said.

"What if we don't?" Hoseok asked.

"Then you don't," Namjoon said. He glanced down at Hoseok who looked a bit upset. "Hey, I'm just kidding you'll meet your mate eventually."

"Have you started having your dreams yet?" Hoseok asked. When it is close for an alpha to meet their mate, they start to have dreams, giving them hints on where their mate is.

"Yoongi," Namjoon said, checking if Yoongi was awake. He wasn't. "Don't tell Yoongi but I have."

"Do you know who it is?" Hoseok asked quietly with wide eyes, trying not to wake Yoongi.

"No, but I think they live here, I've seen their bedroom, they've got a lot of Disney princess stuff, it might be a girl," Namjoon said.

"You never know," Hoseok said shrugging.

"If my mates a guy who likes Disney princesses, that would make me so happy," Namjoon said, a smile on his face now.

"I wish I could have my dreams," Hoseok said sadly.

"Hey, you will," Namjoon said, trying to comfort the poor alpha. "Maybe you'll have one tonight."

"How do I know if it's one of those dreams?" Hoseok asked.

"Well, it will look like you are in someone else's body," Namjoon said. "And sometimes, you'll acctually have control over their body."

"Wow," Hoseok said looking up at the stars again. He really wanted to meet his mate. It was the one goal he needed to achieve.

-

Hoseok got home at around 1:30 am. He was tired, a little drunk and a little high. He stumbled up the stairs to his bed room. Only taking off his shirt, before he fell onto the bed and almost instantly fell asleep.

~

"Hey! Oppa!"

'What? What's going on? Am I in someone else's body? Was this my mate?' Hoseok thought.

"What are you doing awake Doyeon?"

'Doyeon?'

A girl was came up and sat on the owner of the body's lap.

"I was watching dramas," the girl said simply.

"Well you better go back to bed."

"But oppa is awake."

"Yeah but I can be, now go."

"Fine."

Hoseok woke up after that. It was morning already. He was so confused.

'Am I going to meet my mate soon?' Hoseok questioned to himself.

Hoseok sat up and rubbed his eyes. His head hurt a bit from the night before. He groaned at the fact that he had to go to school.

He got up lazily and looked out the window. It was sunny out, but to Hoseok the sky was grey. He got ready for school and left his house quickly, knowing he was already running late.

-

"Hoseok, you're late again," his teacher scolded.

"Yeah I know," Hoseok said, some attitude lingering in his voice.

"Detention for being late," his teacher said sternly.

The teacher glarded at Hoseok as he sat in his spot but she quickly went back to her teaching.

Hoseok looked outside, the sky looking grey as usual. Suddenly Hoseok noticed something, someone acctually. It was a boy, rushing to get inside, knowing he was late.

Hoseok felt something when he saw the boy. Something inside his heart and it was for a split second that the sky didn't look grey.