World

"Mama, why are you crying?" Hoseok asked his mother who was sobbing in the kitchen.

"Oh, Hoseok," his mom said as she wiped her tears. "Honey, it's."

"It's what? Why are your eyes so white?" Hoseok asked, worried for his mother.

"Mama can't see color anymore, so her eyes are white now," his mom told him.

"Why can't you see color anymore?" Hoseok asked.

"Because, your father is gone," his mother said sadly.

Hoseok's eyes widened.

"He's gone?" Hoseok questioned.

"Yes sweetie," his mother said as more tears fell down her face. "Hoseok listen to me. It's going to be okay. Your father is in a better place now."

"It's going to be okay," Hoseok said with a small smile as tears filled his eyes. "It'll be okay mama."

-

"Are you ready for school Hoseok?" His mother asked.

"Yes, but," Hoseok said looking down at his shoes.

"But what?"

"I'm scared to go cause what if no one likes me," Hoseok said sadly.

His mother put her hands on the small boys shoulders.

"Don't worry Hoseok, just be happy and everyone will like you. You'll be everyone's hope," his mother said with a smile.

"Am I your hope mama?" Hoseok asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, you're my hope. My angel," his mother told him.

Hoseok had never smiled so big in his life.

-

"Hoseok, did you find a mate today?" His mother asked in a cheery voice as her son came in through the door.

"No," Hoseok said disappointed. He sat down at the table and put his head down.

"It'll be okay sweetie, just have hope," his mother said. "You'll find your mate soon, I promise."

"Why do you want me to find a mate so badly anyways?" Hoseok asked, lifting his head slightly.

"I just want you to be happy is all," his mother said with a small smile. But that wasn't the only reason.

-

"Mama! Mama!" Hoseok called as he came in the house.

No answer.

Hoseok went into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge:

Hoseok, I'll be away from home for a few days, there should be plenty of food in the fridge. Have hope~

Love you ♡

Hoseok sighed.

He was starting to lose hope. He went upstairs and grabbed some alcohol that he had hidden in his room. He started to drink till the pain of loneliness went away.

-

"Mama, I'm so sorry, I haven't found my mate yet," Hoseok cried.

"Aw, Hoseok honey, it's okay," his mother said, rubbing his back for comfort. "Just have hope."