Chapter 1

BECA'S POV

It's just an average Monday night for me,the tear stained pillow and the burning through my arms, but that's how I cope. No one gets it. No one ever does.
How could anyone love me? She could never love me. Chloe Beale could never love me,but my heart won't stop racing when I think about her,and no matter how hard how I try I can't stop thinking about her.
Since the first day I saw her I was captivated, her perfect red hair. Her sweet blue eyes made me feel warm and safe. But then I suddenly thought about my scars and if she saw them? It breaks my heart to know that I could have already let her down. What am I saying? She probably didn't even look at me because I'm so ugly and worthless.
As midnight approaches the tears haven't stopped,so I cry myself to sleep AGAIN.

CHLOES POV
It's been two days since I saw her for the first time and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. Even now when I'm led here in my boyfriends arms,it's her blues eyes that I'm picturing. As I am daydreaming about her,I'm suddenly brought out of my thoughts by Tom.
"Chloe,baby...are you even listening to me?" He questions.
"Huh? Yeah course I am Tom" I lie,Beca is occupying my mind to much to listen to him.
"So you want to go out to this party tonight? It's gonna be huge"
"Sure,I don't see why not" I reply, not that I want to actually go all I want to do is go find Beca and talk to her.
"Okay good, wear the red dress you have,it makes you look beautiful" beautiful? Yeah right he only likes that dress because it's low cut and short, but I put it on anyway.
As we are heading to this party Tom wanted to attend,I see her- she's just sat under a tree with her laptop and headphones but she takes my breath away. Before I even realise my legs are walking towards her, I don't really know what happened to Tom and to be honest I don't even care. When I reached her I just stood there for a while before I can even say anything.

BECA'S POV
It's weird I've never really liked leaving my dorm but for some reason tonight I decided to sit under this tree and make a new mix. Don't ask me why,it just sort of happened. So here I am,headphones on focusing on my mix when I feel someone there watching me and the panic sets in and I start to whisper to myself "please don't hurt me,not again" and I just keep repeating "please don't hurt me" all the memories come flashing back,every punch,every swear word and every tear I cried when he hurt me.
And then I feel it,there's a hand on my shoulder and I flinch at the contact until she says "Beca, it's Chloe are you okay? Why would you think someone was going to hurt you?" She then decides to sit next to me and takes my hand. The next thing she asks is "Beca are you okay?" But I can't answer,I am just sat there frozen.
Then it hits me, the beautiful girl I can't stop thinking about is sat next to me holding my hand and that's when I feel the shame because I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt which means she can totally see all my scars,so I begin to panic.
"I...uh...I have to go!!!"
Before I know it I am running back to my dorm and Chloe is just sat there alone under the tree.