Chapter 8

Yang POV

Wow my baby sister is up and back. I'm so happy for her and Weiss I know the past 2 months have been hell without my sister being there with her.

"Hey Yang, your scroll is buzzing", Dad snaps me out of my thoughts and points at my pocket.

"Thanks Dad".

I pull the scroll out of my pocket and see Blake's picture without the bow on her head with a slight smile on her face.

"Hello!"

"Hey Yang, what's got you in such a good mood", I can just see Blake smile on the other line.

"Aren't I always in a good mood though Kitty Cat", I giggle.

"Oh right point taken. What's gotten you an extra pep in your step"?

"Again Kitty Cat always have an extra pep in my step"!

"Sigh Yang tell me what's going on".

"Oh my sister is awake! Finally"!

Blake pauses, it seems like she's confused or something.

"Aren't you happy Blake", I ask worried.

"Yang, of course I'm happy, but isn't it weird though", Blake sounds concerned too.

"What's weird about it"?

"Your sister was supposed to wake up next month. Waking up kinda earlier than expected kinda raises flags".

"Mmm true, but I don't care about raising flags I'm just glad my sister is alright and stuff."

Blake chuckles returning her smile, "You're right Yang. I'm sorry for taking that for granted".

"Ah don't worry about it! When are you coming back here and to Patch with me", I ask walking to the vending machine to get a snack.

"Oh I don't know tonight", Blake says in a mischievous tone.

"What?!"

"Ma'am please be quiet. We have other people in rooms who are trying to rest", a Nurse passes by with a frown on her face.

"Sorry Miss", I lower my voice then pop a coin in the machine and grab a Twix.

Blake giggles and my smile returns.

"So you're leaving Menagerie tonight where do you want me to pick you up", I ask munching hungrily on my snack.

"At the port of course".

"Hahaha alright alright I'll see you tonight oh I have a gift I wanna give you too", I smile pulling a book out of my pocket.

The book is the Man Who Howls Part 2. It's purple and has a picture of a full moon being broken into pieces on one side.

"Oh really? What is it Yang"?

"You'll have to wait til you get back", I chuckle to myself.

"Ohhh alright I'll see you tonight. Bye Yang".

"Bye-Bye Kitty Cat", I hang up and put the scroll and book back in my pocket leaning up against the hallway walls.

After hanging up, Weiss comes out of Ruby's room with a smile .

"Can she leave yet", I ask pushing myself from the wall.

"No they want her to stay a few more nights to make sure she's okay", Weiss has this huge dopey grin on her face.

"What's with the grin", I smirk snickering a little.

"It doesn't matter to you", she snaps back at me blushing.