Chapter 18

Hello!! I hope you enjoy the story! Continuing off the cliff hanger!

*Weiss POV*

"Hello", I answer my hands starting to shake a little.

"Weiss, hello, is there any reason why you have not been calling me", a gruff and stern voice asks.

I look over at Ruby who gives me a worried look and she holds my other hand.

"Well father," I reply and try to return to my confidence and pretend like nothing is wrong with me, "I have been busy at Beacon with missions to help the world".

"Hmm very well. You need to come by so I can discuss matters about your life".

"Of course Father. I will be there tomorrow".

Father makes a noise in response saying alright then he hangs up from the call and I hand Kleim's scroll back to him.

"Hey you okay", Ruby asks quietly.

I nod giving her a somewhat reassuring smile then I look down feeling like a collar just got put on my neck. Now the only thing that needs to be put on me is a chain. I cannot go back to the life I escaped from. I cannot or everything will have been for naught. I grip my fists tightly on my dress and the rest of the ride is quiet.

*1 hour later*

"Thank you Klein", I bow and show my appreciation to him then he drives off waving out of the window. When I turn around looking at the tall towering building and the nice clean courtyard there a few students talking to eachother and eating and drinking food they got from the cafeteria.

"Alright! Blake and I will carry the bags up to our room", Yang declares loudly then she runs off holding 4 bags in her hands people staring at her while Blake walks off shaking her head smiling carrying the rest.

I walk ahead, Ruby and I saying nothing to eachother until we pass the huntress statue and I feel her gently grabbing my arm.

"Weiss, talk to me, I know that something is wrong especially after talking with your dad".

"Ruby I-I have been dreading the days my father would call me",I start then I turn around to look at her.

"Cmon let's sit down and you can tell me", she smiles leading me to a wooden bench to the left of the statue.

"Now please continue what you were about to say", Ruby looks at me with her silver eyes giving me her full attention.

"Okay. When I was a little girl, things were good with my mother and father and my family. That was until my father started caring more and more about money and doing whatever it took to get it. That was when things started to get.......abusive.....not just physically but mentally and emotionally. I was raised to be this perfect woman to pretend that nothing is wrong and that I was happy with who I am and what my family is doing, but to be honest,"I grip my fist tightly my eyes watering and my voice cracking, "I hate that life so much! I'm not the only one who thinks it. My older sister, Winter, she hates who my father has become and instead of being heiress I carry the role. I hate being someone that I am not! My mother got sick of it too and she ended up giving a sticky fate to herself."

When I let out a deep breath Ruby has her hair covering her eyes and she holds my hand tightly.

"Ruby"?

"Weiss.....", she finally says her eyes meeting mine, "Please don't go back to that house!"

"Why Ruby? I cannot reject my father."

"Yeah but you don't live in his house full of his rules. Why do you have to submit to a guy like that?! He has no control over you Weiss", Ruby says this making a scene with the other students looking at us.