chapter 11

Kate was feeling fine after more caffine from more coffee and her nap. If anything she felt better then before. She got ready for personal training that was in about 10 minuites now she didn't see any reason why she wouldn't go.

She walked out the door and into the elevator, she went to the same balcony that personal traing was. Abe came in afew moments later, he looked different this time.

"You got a hair cut?" She laughed a little. I looked nice on him, it was cut shorter and brushed up. It looked cleaner and more inviting.

"Yeah... like it?" He grinned at the fact that she really had forgiven him and wasn't mad. She nodded.

" what're we doing today?" She asked and he thought it over for a few seconds. He hasn't expected her to show up and he was just gonna mess with that one mermaid guy he hated.

" well I could introduce you to some characters you haven't met yet, allies better said..." He climbed into the helicopter and she followed. She was much more comfortable with heights now that she knew she'd be okay if she fell.

"How are your swimming skills?" He asked with an edge, he was up to something fun. She could imagine he was making up his mistakes from earlier.

"Pretty good... can we like breathe underwater!?!" She played along she had plenty of energy for it. He grinned and slowly brought the helicopter to a stop. it hung in the air on auto pilot. He climbed into the back seat (there were three rows of seats like in a car). He produced a single peice black wet suit and handed it to her.

" we can, it feels weird at first but it gets better overtime and starts to feel really good after a few minuites of it, helps relieve soreness." He explained as he started to change into another in the back seat. Kate seems cautious to change.

" don't worry I won't look" he urged her with a small laugh, he was always laughing. She liked that about him. He waited facing out the back window unto she too was changed. He was playing with the weather as he waited. He made it to from rainy to bright sun in seconds, he did it with such ease.

"Okay I'm done." She said waiting for what would come next.

" good, follow my lead, just do exactly what I do and tell me if you feel weird" Abe said flinging open the back door and standing on one leg. He looked down at the water and it rose like some sort of other worldy being. He stepped off and into the pillar of water and floated around. He took afew breaths of water and showed Kate that it was okay.

Kate opened her door and catiously put on root on the leg, she had a death grip on the seat and slowly climbed out. She turned around and focused on the water. Slowly but surely a thick snake of water twirled out of the even sea level and came to her command . She stuck her head out further and into the smooth, cool water she took a breath. It felt like breathing in cold air, a month rush like peppermint bubble gum.
She climbed out and into the water. She looked over at Abe now and smiled as she splashed around, he beckoned her to follow him.

Abe's water fell instantly and he went with it, she relaxed her focus and her's did the same. The ocean was dark but he pulled out a light and handed it too her, she strapped it into her suit just as he did. Now that Abe could see he sawm downwards, she followed and kept breathing in the cool water, it felt amazing.

They kept swiming down until she could see a bean sized light far below. Abe gestured as if to say that was where they'd swim to. They kept going and her legs got sore as they grew closer. Nearing the light she made out a sort of skyline, just like you would find above the surface.

They drew closer and she could see mermaids... there was NO way they were mermaids. She turned to Abe with a questioning glare, he nodded. They sawm into the city.

There were large, industrial buildings just like that in a regular big city. There were no cars or roads but a shiny path paved through the shimery clear water.

The mermaids were very interesting to look at, though she tried not to stare. They had long tails that were twice as long as their human halves. These tails were all brightly colored with facinating designs. They were like those of the feathers of some variety of a tropical bird. They all had eerily white skin, not the type of peachy Caucasian white skin, alien skin that had never been exposed to sunlight. Their tails faded into the body with scales that grew lighter and less dense around the hips. They all had thin hair that flowed long out of their scalps to slightly the middle of the tail, which would be floor length on a human. They had solid white eyes with no pupils and their eyebrows were thin and two lines on their head . They had mouths with thin lips that stuck out a little ways, as if they covered something...

They were completly glorifying and they moved with dead arms and only their tail swishing slightly behind them like zombies. As they got closer to the tall buildings she saw they were coated in brown algae and mud. Kate found herself shrinking into abes side, he seemed at ease however. If only he could explain them to her, they were friendly allies. He looked down and saw that she was very scared. He directed upwards and they returned to the helicopter.

He explained that they were nice. Kate was unsure and convincing her of this took a lot of patience and persuasion.