A Visit From The Marshall's Part II

The windows in the kitchen get smashed and something flies through the window and lands on the ground. Some coloured smoke comes out of it and I start to cough as I breath it in.

I look through the smoke and see Jai make his way towards me. "Save Aleysa. I will be fine."

Jai has his t-shirt over his mouth and he says. "No,"

"Go!" I yell.

"Chloe," Aleysa yells as she's taken out of the room with Jai

I crawl on my stomach to where I last saw my brother. I touch Nate's hand and say. "We need to get out of here." My eyes start to sting from the chemicals that was in the small devices that were thrown into the house.

Nate starts to crawl on his stomach.  Through the smoke I see a group of guys with masks on and there's red lights coming from guns. I touch Nate's leg and he stops moving. I crawl next to him and whisper. "I want you to find Jai and Aleysa.

He shakes his head. "I'm not leaving you, Chloe."

"You have to. I need you to take care of Aleysa while I'm gone."

"No," he yells.

"Get out of here!" I rise and move over to the guys with the guns. "I surrender. Please, leave my family alone." I say with enough confidence that I don't really feel.

Someone grabs my arm. "That's a noble thing you're doing, princess, but the boss wants the entire Knight Family." A guy whispers. "He's going to be surprised when we tell him that we got the famous Carter McCaferty. He wasn't expecting the ambush. Family is that guy's weakness." He cuffs my hands behind my back and he leads me out the back door.

I step over my cousins body that's lying on the porch. Carter looks up at me. "I'm sorry," he mouths. I am picked up and thrown over a guy's shoulder.

He places me in the trunk of a car. He looks at me. "If you cooperate things will go easy for you."

I laugh. "Says a criminal that killed my aunt, uncle, cousins and my parents. There's one thing you need to know about me..."

He leans closer to me. "What's that, princess?"

"I'm not going to fucking cooperate with you. When I get free I will become your worst nightmare."

He laughs. "You wouldn't harm a fly, princess. Thanks for the laugh." He slams the trunk shut.

I feel around trunk and I find something sharp there. I grasp it in my hand and I move the object until it's under me. I slide it into my boots.