Rescue And Reveal

Zen and Obi made their way through the woods in silence. Turns out Zen was right to allow Obi to help him with this rescue. It was almost 1 and the second prince knew he had lost time. He just hoped Shirayuki was safe.

Shirayuki watched as the men talked to each other around the fire. She was exhausted and she could feel herself drifting off. But she had to stay awake in order to look for a way out. She looked around until her eye caught some chojo seeds in a bush near her. If she was right. Those would explode once exposed to fire.

She leaned to her right to try and get the seeds and she ignored the pain that was coming from her ankle as she did. "Hey Simon. It's almost 1 we need to grab the girl" Rymer said as he walked over to the red head. Shirayuki had just grabbed the seeds in time before she was pulled to her feet.

Zen stopped as he noticed a light flickering in the darkness. Obi stopped too and jumped down from the tree. "Master, there they are." he said as he moved a branch to see them clearly. They saw them pull Shirayuki up. Her ankle looked like it was in bad condition. Zen gripped his sword as he watched them push her towards another tunnel. When all of the sudden everyone heard a noise they weren't expecting.

*CRACK CRACK POP*

T

hey all jumped as the ground caught fire. And Shirayuki darted as fast as she could. She ran into the trees. "DAMN it! Find her now!" said a voice which made her want to go faster, she could hear someone behind her which made her heart pound as she stumbled. But when she turned around she saw someone she wasn't expecting, and it made her heart calm down.

"Z-Zen..." she said as she met the sapphire blue eyes that gazed back into her emerald ones. "Shirayuki are you alright? Are you injured?" he asked as he held her cheek and inspected her. "I'm fine Zen..." she said as she smiled at him. He sighed in relief and then he pulled her close and hugged her. She could feel his heart pounding in his chest and the slight tremble of his shoulders.

"I'm glad you're alright little miss." Obi said as he jumped down from the trees. Seeing her cat like friend made Shirayuki smile. "Obi. Thank you for coming." she said as she tried standing up. Zen was about to help her but something made him stop. He picked Shirayuki up and darted to the side quickly.

"Well well. I guess you guys were on time after all!" Rymer said as he lowered his bow. Zen grunted as he leaned against a tree. Careful not to let go of the red head. Shirayuki glanced down at his side and noticed a graze mark through his clothes. "Zen!" she said as she looked at the wound.

Obi ran straight for Rymer and kicked the bow out of his hand and snapped it. "these things can be quite dangerous. You should be more careful." he said as he threw the broken weapon away. Zen placed Shirayuki down and pulled his sword.

"Alright alright. There's no need for all this violence." said a voice that Zen recognized. His eyes widened as he saw Simon. "I thought you were dead." Zen said as he pointed the blade forward. "I was pretty close. If Rymer hadn't found me I probably would've been." Simon chuckled as he looked at Shirayuki. "So this is the bride? You have good taste. So the rumours about the red hair were true."

Zen lunged forward and so did Simon. Swords swinging and clashing with a terrible metal against metal sound. "What do you want?" Zen said as he took a step forward, forcing Simon back. "I just wanted to come face to face with you again. To prove myself to everyone." he said as he shoved Zen back. "Our fight back then was an accident!" Zen yelled as he lunged forward again.

Obi ran over to Shirayuki and picked her up and jumped into a tree. "Stay here Mistress." was all he said before he took off. Shirayuki hung on and watched from the tree. "Zen....." she whispered. She hoped he'd be safe.

Obi darted through the woods until he came across Mitsuhide and Kiki. Zen's royal aids. "Ms. Kiki! Mister! Please come with me!" he said as he started to lead them back into the woods towards the second prince.