Infiltration And Delay

Zen yawned as he read over the last of Izana's report. He always had to go over the reports at the end of Open Castle Day. Just to be sure that everything was in order.

He was about to sign it off. But something caught his eye. He read over the document again, paying closer attention then before.

After he read it he irritably sighed 
and leaned back into his chair. Just as he was about to get up, Mistuhide walked in.

"Zen, it's late. I came by to ge-" the guard noticed the aura that was surrounding the second prince. He leaned on his desk and folded his arms.

"Mitsuhide.... this isn't good." Zen said. Holding out the papers for him to take.

"What's the problem?" He replied, taking the file from Zen and flipping to the bookmarked spot.

~~~
Guards Report
We always make sure to raise our security while Open Castle Day goes on. But we found something troubling in our storage unit.
We found that a bunch of crates and boxes had been empty when the soldiers went to get their new order of weapons. Reports also show that suspicious people were lurking around during the day, long dark hoods covering their faces. We have already done a search and nobody was found.
~~~

Mitsuhide placed the document back on the desk and placed his hand on his chin in thought.

"Zen, if this is a breach in security, we could have people moving around under our noses in the castle."

Zen nodded in response. "Not only that, but if there was crates of weapons missing from our storage unit. It's much more than one person."

He looked at his guard with seriousness in his eyes.

"We could have up to 20 men roaming around in the woodwork of the castle grounds."

Mitsuhide's eyes widened. "Zen this is all happening before yours and Shirayuki's wedding."

Zen's eyes widened and he stood up from his desk. The hazel eyed guard stood up straight and placed his hands behind his back. "What are your orders?"

Zen began to walk towards the door. "Round up troops and keep searching, see if there's a logical reason to why the weapons were misplaced." He said as he opened the doors. "I have to see Shirayuki." He added before the doors closed behind him.

~~~

Shirayuki winced slightly as the Chief of medicine wrapped the bandages around her ankle and foot.

"There we go!" Garrack said as she looked at her handy work. "With the new medicine I gave you, your ankle should heal a little faster then our original estimate."

Shirayuki smiled and nodded "Thank you chief!"

Obi was standing in the corner of the room, leaning against the wall and looking out the window on the other side when the doors to the bedroom flew open.

Everyone turned and saw the white haired boy as he closed the doors behind him.

"Master! Back so soon?" Obi said as he placed his hands behind his head and walked towards the prince.

"Obi, Cheif Garrack, thank you both for staying so late." Zen said with a small smile. He walked up to Shirayuki and took a seat beside her on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" He said as he placed his hand on her cheek.

Shirayuki lightly blushes at his sudden touch and smiled shyly. "It doesn't hurt very much anymore thanks to the Cheif!" She said smiling. Zen smiled back, but it seemed empty. Something was on his mind.

Obi and Garrack could both tell that something was troubling the prince, and it was time for them to leave. So Obi made his way to the window and was just about the jump out before he turned to his Master and the little Miss. "Just call if you need anything." He said with a smile and a wave before he disappeared into the night.

Garrack had simply slipped out of the room.

Once they were alone. Zen sighed in frustration as he let his head rest in Shirayuki's lap. This action startled her and she jumped slightly.

"Z-Zen... Is everything alright?" She asked concerned.

The second prince sat up and look at the red haired girl. "Shirayuki... we may have a problem."

After he explained everything to Shirayuki, she looks out the window and sighed in defeat.

"This is troubling, Zen." She said quietly. The prince knew that Shirayuki probably felt useless at the moment as she was put on bed rest for the time being.

What he said next, he didn't like it either.

"I think it would be best to... Postpone the wedding." He said, he looked at the floor as he said it.
"With this potential threat, I don't want anything happening, especially not on what should be the most important day of our lives." He explained before looking at her.

Her eyes were determined and she nodded in response. "Maybe I can also use the extra time to make sure I can actually walk down the isle!" She replied.

Zen frowned at her, she always his her true feelings behind her smiles. He knew she was disappointed.

"Shirayuki...." He began but he was cut off.

"I am pretty disappointed. But there's nothing we can do except find the good in a sticky situation. I'll work hard too, Zen!" She said with a genuine smile.

Zen smiled too as he leaned in and touched his forehead to hers. "Mhm." He replied.

Outside the door. Kiki and Mitsuhide both smiled. The days that followed certainly would be full of surprises.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There! Wrote a chapter yaaaay! I have to say how much I love you guys, I've never gotten so much love from a story before!

If you enjoyed please leave a comment with your thoughts and like this story.
Also check out my other stories! <3

See you next chapter~!