Four

Not long afterwards, after I'd changed into a more suitable dress and let my hair down, I was pacing back and forth in my room, thinking over my encounter with Silas.

It was probably a bad idea to have said what I said to my boyfriend's older brother. But God, that man enraged me to a point where I couldn't contain myself.

I stood still as a knock sounded on my door.

"Come in," I said tentatively, smoothing out my skirt and fixing my hair just in case it was someone else I had to meet.

To my unending relief, Klaus entered the room. Swiftly he approached me.

"Silas was in here earlier, wasn't he? I looked for him this morning but Elias and I found him unaccountable."

I sighed. Leave it to Klaus, he'll figure it out.

"Yes. He was here."

"You're making a sour face. What happened?" Klaus said, pinching my cheek as I unknowingly glared at the floor.

I huffed and crossed my arms, "He's infuriating. Not to mention he has no manners whatsoever."

Klaus gave me a look that screamed dread. "What did he say?"

God all the demeaning things he said.. I was too ashamed to say them to Klaus.

So I settled for the short version, "Just some very unbecoming and degrading things."

I plopped down onto the edge of the bed, my arms folded tightly over my chest and my eyes fixing a glare again on the floor.

A felt Klaus chuckle beside me, and I whipped my head quickly over to him, "What's so funny!"

He smiled at me and dropped a hand on my head, "Whatever he said, he managed to make you angry. I can't say I'm not thankful. You're kind of cute when you're angry."

I moaned, falling backwards onto the bed with burning cheeks, "That's what he said!"

Klaus stood up, and I looked up at him as he extended a hand to me and said, "Mother and Father have arrived. Are you ready?"

Oh God.

I sighed and did one finally smoothing of the dress and hair, standing up and reaching for Klaus' hand.

"You know, I like your bunnyhead." He said, glancing at my hair. "But I also like the way it falls over your shoulders. It's..."

My gaze sparkled as I looked up into his amethyst colored eyes. I blushed and smiled as he said. "...beautiful."

He placed a kiss to my temple and then we began our trek downstairs.

~~~~~~

I did one final mental check as we approached the dining room, standing up straight and smoothing down my hair just one more time.

"Don't be so nervous," Klaus chided, squeezing my hand as a gentle reminder that he was here for me.

I smiled back at him.

When we entered the overly sized room, I noticed many people I recognized and many I did not.

At the head of the table sat a very dignified man and his elegantly petite wife, no doubt Klaus's parents. To their right was Silas, slumped in his chair lazily and seeming a tad bored. Next to him sat Elias and every where else children sat.

I noticed two young girls, identical enough to obviously be twins, braiding each others long blond hair as they chatted familiar things. Next to them was a little boy, almost a toddler, who sat with his arms crossed and a sour expression that reminded me so much of Klaus.