Chapter 1

"You have the homework from last night son?" I felt someone that was sitting behind me tapping my shoulder. I opened my eyes from dozing off and turned my head.

"Oh what's up Cal?" I did a handshake with one of my closest friends, Calvin Morris.

"Damn you look rough." he said and squinted his eyes.

"I got an hour of sleep son." i said and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Lonz?"

"What else?" i rolled my eyes. "But no i don't have the homework. Symphony probably does."

"Yeah whenever she get here. She always on top of her shit."

"You aint lied." i said. "You tryin' to make some runs after school?"

"Yeah yeah. Is Gram cool with it?"

"She should be. I'll tell her after school though." i said. I looked at the clock. We had about 5 minutes before school started. Mrs. Gordon walked in and sat her bag on her desk, her hair in a neat tight bun, her maroon hair shiny and her hand gripping a cup of hot coffee.

"Damnnnn Mrs. Gordon looking bad today!" Calvin whispered loudly behind me.

"Man your milf chasin' ass better shut the hell up." i chuckled and put my head down. He was kinda right. Mrs. Gordon was one of the finest teachers that worked here, one the youngest too. She was 27 but looked 19, had a body like a model, and the cutest white face.

Someone patted my head and i peeked up. My best friend Symphony had just walked in, a minute before the bell was suppose to ring. I smiled at her.

"When's the last time you slept?" She said, in shock with how tired i looked.

"I know i know i look like shit. I only got an hour of sleep."

"Oh i bet."

"You look nice. Do you have the homework?"

"Of course i do." she said and opened her binder that she had already been carrying. She handed the homework to me and i took a picture of it with my phone and handed it to Calvin.

"Mmm what's up Symphony?" he said. She punched him playfully in the thigh and he laughed.

I copied the homework as the bell rang for school to begin and Mrs. Gordon got right to it like always. Symphony tapped her desk to get my attention and winked very awkwardly at me. I chuckled and shook my head and kept writing.

Symphony has been my best friend since we were 8 years old in the second grade. The first day of school we automatically clicked.

Me and Calvin met in middle school in 7th grade from getting put into the same group in math class. We were talking about some new girl and how goofy she looked that day. We were pretty tight ever since, especially since we got into the game together.

The door to the classroom opened and a mid height brown skin girl walked in. Well short compared to me. She had shoulder length curly hair and hazel eyes. She looked lost as everyone became silent.

"Mrs....Gordon?"

"Yes ma'am." Mrs. Gordon chuckled.

"I apologize for being so late," she said and came into the room. "I just couldn't find your room and the hallways are so confusing."

"Oh its fine have a seat." she said and gestured to the desks. She sat in the empty seat in front of Symphony. "Everyone this is Angelique, welcome her to the class. Where are you from?"

"Oh I'm from North Carolina."

"That's nice. I'll get you equipped with your must haves for this class asap. Thank you for joining." Mrs. Gordon gave a welcoming smile. I continued to copy the homework and turned it in before class ended.